Center Point system---lifts up coach

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I recently had a CP system installed on our BH 3670. I later found out ours was the second CP the tech had installed and we are now about 800 miles from there. It has raised my coach about 2.5" higher than it was with the equalizer. I looked at the unit and on the hanger it is showing one bolt hole (meaning not flush with the hanger). The front spring is about the same height, but the rear spring is down about an inch from the rear solid hanger ?
Is this all normal??
thanks
al

lwmcguir

No, your height should have changed less than 1 inch. How much air are you carrying and which hangers did they use? Need a photo.

lwmcguir

If you are sitting level then the springs should be level or nearly so. Assuming you pulling into or onto a level area. If you back up then you need to pull forward and make sure the suspension isn't stressed sideways. Then everything should be level. Sounds a bit odd about your system.

aatauses

Thanks lwmcguir,
As far as air---trail air said to put air into system until your air bags are about 5" wide----for us that is about 50#. I have attached a few photos, hope they will help.
As you can see the spring that is attached to the rear is lower than the front one and is about 1-1.5" lower than the actual rear hanger---meaning the rear spring hanger is 3.5" below frame, but the front of that rear spring where it connects to the CP is about 4.5" below frame. Also, when adding air or slowly moving the rear of the CP moves but the front arm of the cp appears to be stationary.
YOu should also be able to see how much space is above tires??
Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
All this is done with minimal stress on system and sitting level--actually this site has concrete--so leveling was easy
al

Attachments

• 100_0423.JPG
    100_0423.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_0424.JPG
    100_0424.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_0425.JPG
    100_0425.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0426.JPG
    100_0426.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 91
Hello everyone, can someone explain the purpose of this system? Is it primarily for adding height and clearance? I am looking to raise my cyclone 4012 at least 2 to 3 inches.

Thanks, Brent

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
aatauses,

I had the Center Point system installed on my previous Big Horn. From your photos everything looks good except the Center Point tilted to the rear of the trailer.
This is possibly because the top of the Center Point air bag appears to be touching the coroplast under belly material. This may restrict the Center Point from returning to the center after one of the axles goes over a bump. I believe there should be about 1" clearance between the air bag and the under belly cover.

The recommended air pressure should be 5 PSI per 1000 pounds of weight on the axles. For example for 2 6000 lbs axles would be a total of 12,000 lbs on the axles. 12K lbs X 5 PSI = 60 PSI in the Center Point air bags.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
porknbeanr,

The Center Point Air Suspension is used to provide a softer cushioned ride for the trailer. Check out this page for additional information.

lwmcguir

Our CP system will not return to level if we are parked on a slope or have the suspension in a bind. If we stop on a level area than it returns to level. We increased our height about 1 inch but that was with CP and the 8K axles shown here in the photo. We love the CP and run 65#in the Curb side and 70# on the driver side.

Attachments

• HPIM2557.jpg
    HPIM2557.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 40

lwmcguir

Hello everyone, can someone explain the purpose of this system? Is it primarily for adding height and clearance? I am looking to raise my cyclone 4012 at least 2 to 3 inches.

Thanks, Brent

You will need to weld new longer hangers if you want to raise the coach that much.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Al,
We just took our new CP system on its first trip since Henderson's installed it. Ours doesn't look like yours! Those bolt holes don't show on ours and it didn't raise the height of the trailer nearly as much. Henderson's told us to run between 35 and 45 lbs in the system. We have it on 35lbs and it felt good on the rough Interstate 5 between here and Redding, CA. PM me if you need to talk to Mark about how ours is set up. It sure doesn't sound like your is right.

Take Care,
Kristy

aatauses

Thanks for all the replys---Ziggy, since your system is not showing a bolt hole in the bottom, is your CP up tight and do the air bags rub on your underbelly plastic? that is why mine had to be dropped down is because they were up too high next to the underbelly??
I have also been in contact with trail air and they think I may need longer shackels, but still sending them some pictures.
More to come
al

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Nope Al, they don't rub at all. Mark says there is space above them. We also don't have the big space over the tires you have because of how yours are mounted. Hopefully you can get yours fitted correctly soon. Too bad you aren't close to Henderson's where ours was done. They seem to know what they are doing even though you may have to wait a while because they are so busy.

Kristy

aatauses

Thanks Kristy/Mark,
Since your do not rub on the under plastic----did Henderson do anything to push the underplastic up out of the way? I had one suggestion was to put some type of plate up there to push the underplastic up, but have not tried that yet. Let me know if they put something up there and if they did what was it?
I also heard from reverb who had his done at Hendersons and says his also has the one bolt hole showing at the bottom???, but did not raise his trailer?
thanks
al

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
As far as I know they didn't have to do anything to the underbelly cover. We weren't there when they did the install so we might not have gotten all the details that went into the job, but nobody said anything about pushing or pulling the underside up. We have the Goodyear G614 tires, if that might make any difference.