Ideas on removing decals from windows of Greystone

Has any one removed the decals from their GS on the windows? I want to see the wonderful scenery not decals on my windows. If you removed them what did you use? Thank you

jimtoo

Re: Decalsd on Windows of GS

Hi tolep8nter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I used a heat gun to remove some on my truck. You must be careful when you do it, you want to get it just hot enough to peel off using your hand or fingers. If it's to hot to touch you will damage something else. Once you get it started, you can pull a little tension on the decal and heat just where it is peeling from, just be careful with the heat. I have never used it for glass, so I would be very careful if you try it. I would think on glass just a good old razor blade scrapper would work.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member

After experimenting with razor blades and nasty solvents, I used Jim's method to remove the decals from the windows of my Bighorn. Heat gun or electric hair dryer makes it a snap.

We were worried that using a razor blade might damage the tinted windows so that was why I asked what some of you used or if you just left them in place. Thanks for the advice on the heat gun.

jimtoo

Just be careful with the heat,,, if it's hot on your thumb or fingers,,, it's probably to hot.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I have tried just about everything to remove decals from my rig and found the heat gun or a product called Vinyl Off to work best. Got the Vinyl Off online.