Placement of electrical outlets

mfogarty

My wife would like to see electrical outlets in the kitchen and stove area be placed on the wall, not under the overhead cabinet above sink area. We have a 2011 BH 3580 RL. We really do love it, but she would like the placement of outlets on the wall. And have one in the stove area. So often, someone might have a crockpot going, coffee pot going, electrical skillet....etc., and they might want to place them on the covered stovetop. Need outlet there, she says. They were on the wall in our BH 3500 RL and were more convenient. :)

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
mfogarty, Heartland listens to owners and their suggestions. Please consider sending your ideas to Heartland, coley@heartlandrvs.com, or posting suggestions on the Ask the Factory forum thread. If your post is not in the correct thread a moderator will move it to the proper location for the benefit of all. Happy camping.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe they should fix their website before they start moving electrical outlets. Everytime I try to download a catalog, since you can't just look at the models anymore, I get a stack overload message and their form to request a brochure pops up.

jimtoo

This is the correct area for suggestions and/or changes to designs and ideas. The factory does read this thread, but may not reply.

Jim M

K

karykatz

Johndar,

I'm confussed on your comment. Are you claiming you have to download a brochure to look at individual models. This is not the case. Click on one of the tabs for the type of product you are looking for, click on the brand and then click on floor plan and photo icon. This will get you to each individual floor plan.

I hoep this hopes.

K

karykatz

mfogarty,

Thank you for the input on electrcal outlets. We are always lloking for sugestions on improving our product. Electrcial outlets are put in the cabinets fro wiring purposes. We choose not to run wiring through the laminated side walls if we don't have too.

I hope this helps.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Kary,
Heartland could put wire chases or conduit and electrical box in the laminated walls for ease of pulling wire. If well planned and executed this would be another way for Heartland to stay on top.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
the outlets may be put under the cabinets for ease of wiring but for safety purposes is should be put elsewhere IMHO. I have dropped the cord in the sink on a number of times and some appliances have a cord so short it barely reaches.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Johndar,

I'm confussed on your comment. Are you claiming you have to download a brochure to look at individual models. This is not the case. Click on one of the tabs for the type of product you are looking for, click on the brand and then click on floor plan and photo icon. This will get you to each individual floor plan.

I hoep this hopes.

OK, my bad. I didn't realize those icons across the banner were actually tabs. Too used to the previous, suitable for the iconically challenged, website.