Sliding Pantry

C

Chulinw

I have a RL3400 with the sliding pantry in it. How does one secure the
pantry prior to getting on the road. My has broke three times and I try to keep a plastic trash can in front of it when I get under way. Would like to find some way to make sure that it has some type lock system for the sliding pantry.

phranc

Chulinw.. Say , is there a small chrome slide lock at the top of your slide out pantry basket ?? If there is, perhaps it may need to be repositioned to lock better.

C

Chulinw

The sliding pantry does have any metal ixcept for the sliders at the top and bottom and I look an no type of lock position showen. I need to find some kind of strap or locking system. When going down the road the plastic trash can moves out of the way and the slide opens up and goes across the camper and the screws on the slider comes out. Hope to find something soon.

K

Ken Washington

Chulinw,
Maybe you should post in "Ask The Factory" and see what they say. I am sure that it should have some kind of a lock to keep it from sliding out.

Ken

jpmorgan37

Chulinw;
I have a pin that is secured by a chain at the bottom of my sliding pantry. On my last fifth wheel, I had a sliding bolt lock that secured my sliding pantry. I've never seen one that didn't have some type of securing system.
John

C

Chulinw

My pantry doesn't have any pin or block to stop it from sliding out. I sent a letter to the factory with pictures and never got any feed back from them. The dealer service rep keep telling me he can not get the parts from the factory to repair my RL3400. Still missing items that should have be done prior to shiping. I am looking for some type of locking system at the Home Depot and Lowe's...

Uncle Rog

Our pantry will not lock either, it has a sliding pin lock that doesn't work. I can fix it when I have the inclination. We have been using cable ties as a temp fix................