Pinbox and Hitch Recommendations

Hello all...I've been lurking for a while and finally took the plunge and will be ordering a 2011 Big Horn 3610RE tomorrow. There is a ton of great information on this forum which is part of the reason I signed up.

Since this will be my first 5er that I can control the pinbox and hitch selection, I am looking for recommendations on which combo is working best for you? TrailAir or MorRyde Pinbox? Currently looking at B&W, Curt or Reese hitches?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I have a F350 dually with 6.4L diesel, no modifications.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Nick and welcome to the lurker no more group. The 3610RE is a nice floor plan. My bro just got his a couple of weeks ago.
I have a Trail-Air Tri-Glide pinbox. I would recommend the Tri-Glide.
I have a Curt 20K and have no complaints on that. It all works for me.
Others will chime in on their set up I'm sure.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Like Dave I have the Tri-glide and I am happy with it. I have a super-glide hitch so I am no help there. Just make sure you get a good hitch with a good history of use from others. And also give your self an extra 2K of capacity. Oh yea Welcome to the forum!!

bill40

I have the same setup as Dave (pin and hitch) works very well. Helped the chucking problem I had. I'm sure you will hear more from others with different setups. Good Luck Bill

porthole

Retired
I have used both the Mor/Ryde and TrailAir pin boxes on the same trailer.

For trailer ride the TrailAir seems better with it's air ride suspension.

For chucking the Mor/Ryde is better. The TrailAir Tri-Glide seems to exacerbate the chucking when nearing max capacities of the pin box.

How heavy is the trailer going to be?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We also have the Tri Glide. As for hitches, we had the Reese 16K. You might consider an 18K to 20K hitch. Brand is a tough call. If I were to buy again, I probably would go with the Reese Signature or Curt's copy of the Reese.

noobee

Pin Box: 5th AirBorne
Hitch: Reese Signature 18k - under body rails (now called Reese Elite)

Very happy with this combo.

CS

PSF513

We have the TriGlide pin box with a B&W Companion (18K) and love it.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family. I have a double pivot Hitchiker 5th wheel with a Mor/Ryde pin box and love it.
Lots of luck
Wayne

2010augusta

oddly, we have had NO chucking issues with the standard Lippert pin-box and an Reese 18K select-plus hitch, now our truck has an air-ride system, so that helps with the ride, but I have no complaints about the way the trailer rides.