Accessing Converter on Greystone

albertr

I can see a vent grate in the storage compartment underneath the 5th wheel on our 29mk. I assume the converter is inside there. The panel that the grate is attached to does not appear to be removal friendly. Anybody have experience with this? Thanks...Al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Al. That panel, bulkhead, is the thing you will need to remove to access your converter. I think. Thats the way most are anyway. So....you will have to remove it. They really are not that difficult to get out. Use a square drive bit and search for the screws. I have had mine apart for various reasons on both my Bighorns. Seems its something that at some point in time you will need to do. I added hinges with the pins removed and cotters installed instead of replacing the srews. This makes for easier access next time around.
Now I am curious....why do you need to get at the converter? Problems?

Peace
Dave

albertr

No I don't have a problem. My last 5th wheel had a PD9100 converter with an added Charge Wizard. I owned it for 5 years with no battery problem and was thinking of installing a wizard on this one. I will modify the access to this. Thanks...Al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are you sure your new rig doesn't have a PD9200 series converter? If it does, the Charge Wizard is already part of it. If you can see the label and there's a picture of Merlin (or Harry Potter in drag) on it, it's got the Charge Wizard. I base this on the pictures of the converters on Progressive Dynamics website. Also, the manual for the unit should be in the owner's info packet that should have been given to you when you took possession.