Current Bighorn Models - Wow!

jbeletti

While I own a Landmark, I also follow all Heartland lines as well as several other brands.

While I had an opportunity to walk the line over at the Bighorn plant today, Scott took me into a model that was about to come off-line. All I can say is wow!

Bighorns have always been a great value and from what I saw in the current production units, it's just getting better.

Here are a few things I noticed in a 3670:
  • Wood! Lots of it. Didn't see any wrap
  • Side aisle bath - very nice and very functional
  • Corian - didn't know it was optionable in the BH
  • LCD TV - very nice looking
  • Better looking fenders than on my 2005 Landmark
  • Aluminum wheels
  • Drop frame in front! Huge/tall storage just like Landmarks
  • New UDC with all tank valves co-located and all electrical items at the top of the UDC (safer)
  • Speakers in the bedroom with wall-mounted on/off switches
  • Trailair suspension (vs. Mor-Ryde)

I know some of these items are already known by users here and I hope it's all mentioned on the factory website. But I just wanted to mention a few things that caught my attention today.

The value on this line is unbelievable. Scott mentioned to me the latest retail sales ranking of Bighorn vs all other 5ers for last month. Not sure I am able to repeat it in public. Suffice it to say the gain over the prior month was very impressive.

I think there's a Bighorn revolution going on out there in the marketplace.

Jim

Last edited:

billd

Jim,

I agree with you on the Bighorn value. That is why the wife and I bought a 2007 3670RL. I would love to swap the 2008 UDC for mine. The water drips on all of the electrical connections. As far as having more storage capacity, well I have not filled mine yet.

We had a few problems but the dealer is taking care of it and Heartland has provided any parts in a timely manner.

The bath and kitchen sold my wife on this model. I love the walk around bed with no hitting the knees on things.

Bill