Just bought a 2011 BC 3250TS

rickd

This is my first post on this forum and it's simply to say that we've just finished a deal to purchase a new 2011 3250TS 5'er. I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks now gathering information and reading opinions about Heartland and the Big Country RV's in particular, so thanks for the great information.

We'll be picking up our new unit next Wednesday so that should be exciting. It has the usual Big Country package plus extras like a fireplace, hydraulic front landing gear, electric stabilizers and awnings as well as a few others I can't think of right now.

We got an exceptionally good deal too, so I'm very happy about that.

jimtoo

Hi rickd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

When you go for your pickup take lots of time and do a really good PDI. Check operation of everything and look everywhere.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum Rick and Paulette and congrats on your new 3250.

I know you will enjoy the great floorplan.

ihsolutions

Wow, very cool. As of a few months ago, you could not get hydraulic front landing gear on the BC. This was my primary consideration why I chose a BH. I like the BC exterior much better...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Awesome! Congratulations on your new purchase. We absolutely love our new Big Country and no doubt you will enjoy yours too! Perhaps we will see you out camping...Vancouver Island is just a ferry ride away from WA state!

Best Wishes!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new 3250. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.

GOTTOYS

Congrats. We just got a new 3250 a couple weeks ago. Our maiden voyage was to the Iowa chapter rally last weekend. What a great rig and what a great bunch of people. Good luck!

loafer

Congrats Rick and Paulette
What a great 5 ver to start out with in your rv career.I am sure you will love it.We have a Sundance 5 ver and love it.
Hope to see you when you come off the island some time.
Bill in Chilliwack

circusbear

Enjoy the new rig. It has a great layout that we really like. Make sure you check EVERYTHING on the trailer -inside and out. Make sure you check the winterizing system valves for correct operation, the slides for correct operation and adjustment, the airbed in the couch for holes and abrasions, toilet for operation and leaks, the heating system for proper airflow at ALL outlets, the air conditioner for proper airflow at all outlets including the bedroom, the tv and stereo, fireplace. You might also want to check out the suspension. There have been issues with diffrent models with springs, hangers and shocks. These are a few of the issues that we experianced and would like a new owner to look out for so you have a easier time with your new baby.

GOTTOYS

In my opinion no matter how hard you look when you do your PDI you're going to miss a few things. Don't go nuts crawling over it with a magnifying glass. Try and make sure everything works. Take it out and use it for a few days and start making a list. That's when you're going to find some things that need attention. It comes with a warranty, that's what it's for. You'll miss something initially so it's going back for service anyway. Enjoy your new rig.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In my opinion no matter how hard you look when you do your PDI you're going to miss a few things. Don't go nuts crawling over it with a magnifying glass. Try and make sure everything works. Take it out and use it for a few days and start making a list. That's when you're going to find some things that need attention. It comes with a warranty, that's what it's for. You'll miss something initially so it's going back for service anyway. Enjoy your new rig.

I think that is excellent advice. During the walkthrough you will be given so much information you will have 'brain overload'. It is almost impossible to mentally process everything so making notes is important. Then use the unit as soon as possible after the PDI (walkthrough) as soon as you can. During the first outing you should try everything even the heater in the summer or air conditioning in the winter to be sure things work. If you have a problem don't throw a fit just make a note of it an be prepared to take it in for adjustments. The ideal situation is for the dealer to allow you to stay at their facility for a day or two in the unit to try it out. Then they are available to address any issues. If you cannot stay at their facility then use a campground close by. If none of that is possible then remember Heartland will allow warranty repairs to be preformed at a non-Heartland repair facility WITH PRIOR AUTHORIZATION. Also remember this Forum has a wealth of information but you will most likely not get an instant response. If you are on your first outing don't hesitate to call your dealer for help. They should be willing to give you a phone number you can call for assistance, and Heartland Customer Service is also a great resource. There should be a list of telephone numbers in the unit (inside a cabinet) of all the various suppliers that can also offer assistance. Finally, have fun, and 'don't sweat the small stuff', remember "It is 5 o'clock somewhere".

Bob Vaughn

We saw the BC 3250 yesterday.....We are thinking of making the leap from a Holiday Rambler travel trailer which has been flawless to a 5th wheel....My main concern is quality....we have been rv'ing since 1965....so this will not be our first purchase...I need to move to a 5th wheel because of shoulder problems and have trouble with the sway bars on my TT...I also want the extra room and storage...I want to purchase something that is well built and insulated....Our kids live in Tn. and we some times go for Christmas and I don't want to freeze.....They live close to Dollywood so it gets cold...and snowy...
I also do not want what we referred to in the service as a hangar queen....I don't want something that the dealer has more than I do...
I looked at a Sundance a few years ago and I knew more than the salesman knew about the unit so I got discouraged and left....
I like the gray color which would show dirt less than the white unit that I have....
I would like to hear about some area's of concern that folks have with their units...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I would like to hear about some area's of concern that folks have with their units...

Hello!

We have had our Big Country for just about a year. Not a lot of miles or nights yet but enough to have some impressions about the rig. Truthfully, I believe the Big Country to be a very good unit. We have had only a few minor issues that Heartland took care of immediately. So far, I have not had to go back to the dealer (knock on wood). We live in the Pacific North"wet" and with all our moisture the rig remains tight and dry. As far as insulation, Walls - R8, Roof R23 and Floor - R27. Not four-seasons ratings but pretty darn good. We camp comfortably in colder weather. We do not camp in freezing temperatures.

The only issues I have had to deal with are; The frame seems to rust quite easily so I did clean, prime and repaint part of it. One slide seal/wipe developed a small tear. I wanted to fix myself so Heartland sent me the part. That's about it!

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. We are very pleased with the Big Country and would have no problem recommending one to our best of friends.

Best Wishes!

GOTTOYS

We really like ours. Have some fit and finish issues, most of which were taken care of. We're working with Heartland Customer Service on the one's that weren't. They are great to deal with. A mistake we made was to buy the display model that the dealer had. Not nearly as clean and nice as it could have been, some scratches and a few small nicks. The paint on the frame and the steps isn't what we wanted. Our steps were badly faded and starting to rust from sitting outside extended for a few months. Sanded down and primed and painted, they look better than new. We have stayed in ours overnight at 14 degrees. It was pretty comfy. If insulation is a real issue, look at the new Big Horns. They now have insulation in the floors of the slides which the BC doesn't have. I would buy one again...Don

B

bwwalczak

Big Country insulates slide floors identically to Big horn. Same insulation.

GOTTOYS

Thanks Brian, I did not know that. It was my understanding that Big Horns had insulation to their slide out floors but no mention was made about the same in the Big Country lineup. Is this a recent addition?...Don

B

bwwalczak

It is a recent change - Big Country started the same time as Bighorn.

Bob Vaughn

We saw the BC 3250 yesterday.....We are thinking of making the leap from a Holiday Rambler travel trailer which has been flawless to a 5th wheel....My main concern is quality....we have been rv'ing since 1965....so this will not be our first purchase...I need to move to a 5th wheel because of shoulder problems and have trouble with the sway bars on my TT...I also want the extra room and storage...I want to purchase something that is well built and insulated....Our kids live in Tn. and we some times go for Christmas and I don't want to freeze.....They live close to Dollywood so it gets cold...and snowy...
I also do not want what we referred to in the service as a hangar queen....I don't want something that the dealer has more than I do...
I looked at a Sundance a few years ago and I knew more than the salesman knew about the unit so I got discouraged and left....
I like the gray color which would show dirt less than the white unit that I have....
I also think I want a new gray tow vehicle to match I am having a tough time finding one every dealer says I need to order one.....

campers2

Hi folks, This is my first post on this forum. We have just purchased a 2011 3250TS. Looking forward to many good times in it. We looked all over and are sure this is the one. We are moving up from a 04 30RKFS Sunnybrook Titan.

Ny question of the day is: Has anyone added a 2 inch reciever in the rear to accommodate a bike rack? I had one added to my last rig and it served us well for carrying 2 bikes.