More footroom next to bed

GOTTOYS

I'm going to try and move the closet door tracks back into the closet another 6" or so and extend the door jambs to match. This won't affect the closet clothes storage at all and will result in a lot more room for me big feet to walk between the bed and the closet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sounds like a great idea! Be sure to take some pictures to share. I'm sure others would like to do something similar.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Interesting idea since the closet floor has a "step" behind the sliding doors, anyways. I'm not real big, but I still have to open the closet to give my butt someplace to go when making the bed.

2010augusta

Not sure about the BCs but on our landmark, the roof line has started to drop down before the closet doors, so to move them further into the closet some height would need to be remove from the doors. just something to think about.

good luck on your mod.

jbeletti

We did this for the 2011 model year on Landmark and Bighorn - so it can be done. Not sure if we had to change anything to allow for this.

In a retro-fit, you will have to piece/patch/match/gap-up the ceiling decor board and floor carpet. Take pictures as you go to share with us and inspire others.

Jim