Outside TV

tvermette

Just purchased a 2011 Augusta, and am looking into doing something different with the outside TV. The Jensen is small and I would like something bigger. Has anyone done anything different?

A nice add on option would be for Heartland to add a larger TV into the wall similar to what the higher end RV's are doing. (Possible future enhancement?)

Excited to get into the unit....hopefully next weekend!

Enjoy the forum, seems like a bunch of great people here!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
tvermete, congrats on your new Augusta. The 19" Jensen that you have, I believe runs on 12 volt DC as well as 120 AC. That can be a plus when no 120 is available.
A few people have installed a larger TV in the basement and thats where it travels. You have options.
I personally have no desire for a TV in the basement. I did however install a 22" in the bedroom.
Your delivery date for next weekend is only a few months away. Ahh anticipation. Enjoy it when you get it.

Peace
Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We hung a 32 in flat screen in the basement of our Landmark.If you will do a search I think you will find it.We have all the cable connections for Sat. dvd and antenna tv already made,so all we have to do is pull the tv out,hook up the different devices,and we are ready to go.When we are camping with our group of friends,especially at the beach, movie night is always a must.We gave up a little storage space,but the tv rides flat against the wall.I protect it by putting the box it came in over it and strap it all to the wall. We really enjoy it.

tvermette

Thank you guys for the posts. I am very excited to get the unit. We were supposed to get it tomorrow, but during dealer prep, they discovered a leak in the right front stabilizer arm. This is where it gets impressive.... The dealer called Heartland about fixing the actuator, and Heartland did not want them to bother fixing it, they immediately sent them a whole new arm. If this is the level of service Heartland is going to provide, then I sure made a good choice! :)

Hope to meet you all on the road someday. My wife and I work remotely and home school our kids, this will sure be a new adventure for us!

God Bless.