dometic ac

Is there any way that the dometic ac unit fan in the MPG 183 run continuosly in the cool mode. My dometic ac unit in my previous 3 trailers would do this. I don't like the way it just completely shuts off, and it also throws ice chips out the vents. It also has a problem with no cool air coming out the back end vent. Any ideas would help.

don5257

I had the same problem of air not coming out of the back vent on the Dometic AC in my MPG 185. I took off the inside cover--you can get location of screws from Dometic literature. The problem was that the plastic duct material was not cut properly and was hanging down too far and not allowing the air to flow to the back. I trimmed the duct and replaced the cover. That did the trick. I hope this is your only problem. Don

I had the same problem of air not coming out of the back vent on the Dometic AC in my MPG 185. I took off the inside cover--you can get location of screws from Dometic literature. The problem was that the plastic duct material was not cut properly and was hanging down too far and not allowing the air to flow to the back. I trimmed the duct and replaced the cover. That did the trick. I hope this is your only problem. Don

Thanxs Don, that fixed the problem!!

camr

I had exactly the same problem. Seems like it is a horrible replay of the cable tv connections. Far more done wrong than right.

marc515

Our AC fan runs continuosly when in the AC mode; only the compressor shuts off when the temp is reached.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check your thermostat to see if the fan is in the RUN position. In the RUN position it will run continuously. In the AUTO position it will cycle with the compressor on and off.

marc515

Check your thermostat to see if the fan is in the RUN position. In the RUN position it will run continuously. In the AUTO position it will cycle with the compressor on and off.

I have the roof mounted AC unit and there is no "run" or "auto" position on the AC unit; am I missing something? Is the switch you're talking about inside the unit somewhere?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have the roof mounted AC unit and there is no "run" or "auto" position on the AC unit; am I missing something? Is the switch you're talking about inside the unit somewhere?
marc. Do you have a wall mounted thermostat or are the controls on the ceiling part of the unit? If you received any literature for the a/c unit with your info packet, you might check the owners manual for your specific unit. You can also get some help on line but you'll need to know the specific model number of your a/c unit.

marc515

Ray and Jim,

The fan runs continuosly when in the AC mode in our MPG; there is no run/auto switch on my MPG. The wall thermostat is for the furnace only.

After your reading responses. I thought I missed something, so I dug out the manual to double check, and it is normal operation for the fan to run continuosly; Hope this helps hotelonwheels.