Sundance bedroom questions

LarryD

I'm thinking about a 2011 Sundance 3000RK and have some questions since I haven't seen one in person.

First, what is the distance between the side of the bed and the wardrobe closet door? Would appreciate an accurate measurement if possible and I suspect that it is the same number for most of the Sundance floorplans. I have seen an Elk Ridge 29RKSA(?) and I know it has more room, I'm not sure how much less for the 3000RK.

Second, the dresser drawers, are the sides and back of the drawers almost full height as the drawer front? Also, looks like the side frames are pretty wide, creating a large dresser top, but narrow drawers. Is this lost storage space??

Thanks in advance for any info or other comments.

jimtoo

Hi LarryD,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will be getting some answers soon from our other Sundance owners.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

grizzlygiant

We have a 2800 RL Sundance whice we really like. We live in it almost full time as we travel the USA. The space between the mattress and the wardrobe door face is 10-12 inches. It is tight but we make it work. Installing vinyl ynder the mattress allows the mattress to slide out/over when making the bed so that part is a snap.

The drawers are only ablut 3/4 deep wasting a significant amount of space behind them. The same goes for the pantry pull-outs. I have rebuilt them all to full depth.

LarryD

The drawers are only ablut 3/4 deep wasting a significant amount of space behind them. The same goes for the pantry pull-outs. I have rebuilt them all to full depth.

Gary, thanks, we can live with 10-12 inches. Regarding the drawers, I've rebuilt some kitchen drawers on my existing trailer, not just increasing the depth, but also the height. EZ improvement. But I'm a little concerned that the drawers could also be wider if the frame wasn't so wide.

grizzlygiant

Heartland's use of full extension hardware on drawers is real nice---however on small (read narrow) drawers like in the Sundance vanity they take away a lot from the usable drawer width. If one wanted to do a semi-major rebuild, removing the entire nine-drawer face frame and replace it with a six-drawer frame. You would have to make new drawers too. adding depth at the time.. If you are a cabinet builder (I am) this would be an easy project.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I believe on the 2011 models they have gone to a 4-drawer chest vs the 6-drawer in the 2010 and earlier models. You probably gain a little more space. We have the 6-drawer and they are narrow and do not go all the way to the back wall, which sacrifices needed storage space. Any good cabinet person can correct this.

We still love our 2010 2900MK!!