My Touch Audio player

• I Love my radio

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I Hate my radio

Votes: 37 97.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Touch Audio in our 2011 North Trail 24RLS, has been nothing but problems. First the remote would not work and therefore we couldn't utilize all the components. On our first trip off the pavement, 7 miles down a graded Forest service road the door somehow fell open and when we put the slide out in motion it cracked the door.

Has anybody replaced their's yet?
What did you replace it with?

I found the Jensen AWM970IP wall mount online and it looks like with a small amount of cutting it would fit right in. Anybody have any experience with this model?

Thanks for any feedback on this topic.

Mike in Flagstaff, AZ

Talked with the folks at the Best Buy box today, the sales person did not have any good remarks for Jensen. His suggestion is to install a car stereo and a seperate DVD player. I didn't really like that idea as I'm sure I will have some speaker issues with 3 sets of speakers even if I only run 1 pair at a time. Still on the hunt and hoping to hear from somebody in this group with Jensen feedback.

APT

Should be able to install and 12V/car double DIN sized DVD player in it's place. Jensen it not a highly regarded brand, but I have no feedback on that model.

Making the switch tomorrow, going to a 2 din (size) Kenwood with the audio, video out ports. This will give us a system with 2 speaker zones (inside and outside) as well as dvd to the tv. Wish Heartland had ears and could stop putting a very inferior unit in their units. I will post a picture or two once the unit is in and proven to work.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are quite pleased with the Jensen in our Big Country. No issues, decent sound. As I am "old" there was a time the Jensen brand was state-of-the-art but then again, so was Silvertone :eek:

We are quite pleased with the Jensen in our Big Country. No issues, decent sound. As I am "old" there was a time the Jensen brand was state-of-the-art but then again, so was Silvertone :eek:

I agree we were quite shocked when the big box boy said jensen was low end but after it was confirmed without our prompting by the local stereo shop we back tracked. OLD we liked Ike but couldn't vote JFK was our first chance at the polls and neither one of us have ever missed a vote. Like many we have one R and one D in the family.

goducks11

2 questions on the Touch Audio. How do you get the TV to play over the TT's speakers and how do you turn it completly off? It allways just goes to a stand by when I hit the off button. Which I'm sure drains the battery.

We have had our North Trail 29RL for a month. When we first got it they replaced the stereo because the touch screen would not work. Now it is back in the shop because the touch screen does not work on the new one. Remote works but that has limited features.

Knock on wood ours is still good. I just need to rewire it so we can watch a DVD and listen throught the TV speakers. For when its raining and the kids are sleeping

Does anyone know is the unit supposed to play an ipod through the usb port? It is hard to tell what it is supposed to do. The book is terrible and the unit itself seems like it doesn't work 100%. I just had a replacement shipped to me. Heartland was great on getting it to me however it acts the same as the first one. I know it is not Heartlands fault but the quality just doesn't compare to the rest of my camper.

I hop someone can answer the IPOD question above. I also plugged my IPOD into the usb port and didn't get a sound or the music display. It was as if it was not reading the data. Any info would be very helpful. We just got our 26LRSS a month ago. We couldn't get anything but static to come through the speakers since we didn't have a DVD and the TV would not come through.

Well, we got our North Trail back from the dealer after the issue with the stereo and the landing gear. Seems the dealer forgot to hook up a couple of wires on the in-bed plug they installed so the TV was not recharging the battery or supplying juice to the 5er system. Now the landing gear works.
The stereo is another issue. This is the third stereo they have installed since we bought it Sept 30th. Still doesn't work.
What a piece of junk.

We now have our third Touch Audio in less than 2 months. This one seems to work somewhat now although when we first got it back it had limited functions. The touch screen was not working all the time and the radio would not stay on a station, jumped around from station to station. The NOAA station would come on at the oddest times, somehow got set to auto alert. My wife found the part in the "manual" about the Reset switch and when I did that everything now works as intended. It also says our symptoms were likely caused by too many buttons being pushed. The Reset fixes that. To use it, use a paper clip, open the front panel and on the backside of that panel will be a small hole with Reset by it. Gently put the paper clip in the hole. This resets the radio to factory setup.

pegmikef

Yeah, that's what I had in my Edge and after I screwed with it, it worked really well. It has an abundance of inputs and outputs (they are all pig tails). I just looked at one to replace this touch audio in my North Trail 26LRSS, but there is not enough room (it needs 9 inches and there is barely 8 inches). If you have room, I saw them on ebay for 199 and no shipping.

pegmikef

Do you have a model number for that kenwood double din? I looked, but couldn't find or tell if it was the right one.

pegmikef

This is probably old news, but the touch audio does not have audio out jacks. If there is a three wire pigtail coming out (yellow, red, white) the red and white wires are actually audio in (to the touch audio) and should be plugged into the audio out jacks on your TV. If there are no audio out jacks (like mine) then you have to use the jack for headsets (I think most TVs have this). To do this you will need to use a stereo Y connector (about 6 bucks at Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.) to convert the miniplug headset jack to two RCA Victor female jacks so you can plug the touch audio cables into them. Then use the mode button to select AUX and the audio will play through the speakers. On the battery issue, I always turn my battery off when I'm not using the TT because other stuff in there also drains the battery.
2 questions on the Touch Audio. How do you get the TV to play over the TT's speakers and how do you turn it completly off? It allways just goes to a stand by when I hit the off button. Which I'm sure drains the battery.

This radio IS junk. The one on our MPG was terrible! First worked only with the remote... then it wouldn't work at all... remote or not. Heartland replaced it, and it worked for a few days. Then it just went ballistic. Spinning wildly through channels... what a disaster.

When we decided to trade the MPG and buy the NT21FBS, I was sooooo disappointed to see the SAME RADIO! WHat??? It's so cheap. The touch part is so unreliable. When doing the walk through, I asked the guy, "Do you have a lot of problems with these?" His comment was that he couldn't comment. Well said. :) :( What's up with Heartland to offer what appears to be a fine quality little camper in this North Trail and put a piece of junk in it like this? BUILT-IN, at that. Now have to find and pay for something that works? I'm soooo disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.