------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: open till filled 800 spots
  • Site fee: $ per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $$159 complete package Per Person
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time:

• Event Leader: MICKEY(click to contact)
Additional Info:
This is first RV show of year and by most accounts the largest. Florida Heartland Owners Group will host a meet and greet/campout at the Tampa SuperShow in the Super Rally area. There are 800 spots available but does fill quickly. There are already 17 clubs registered.
Heartland will have a large presence at show. There will be club representation at owner table with Heartland Display. There will be a club hosted luncheon/cookout Friday for all owners and prospective owners.
The Super Rally Spots include all admissions to show, full access vehicle pass, coffee and donuts every morning, three nights entertainment, 30 amp electricity for $159. The Super Rally will allow parking starting Tuesday morning and will have electric available at that time. Note: No Water and No Sewer available at Show but two truck stops 6 miles away on I-4 have dump stations and water available. I asked fuel desk and both said water free, Flying J dump fee $10/ $5 with loyality card, TA Travel Stops accross street dump is free.
You have to register via mail, or fax with the Super Show management, but please tell them you are with Florida Heartland Group. The Super Rally Coordiator and Florida Club Leader are in contact and will finalize numbers and parking prior to show. You can cancel in writing by Jan 7th if unavoidable conflict occurs.
You can also if you wish, boondock in parking lot with no facilities for $15 per night. This does not include any admissions but can be an option if you just wanted to stop in for a day or two.

Club Members;
Here is our first opportunity for a get together for our club. The Tampa RV Supershow is this coming January 11-16. I would like to get your input asap, as time is of the essence. If you have never been to the show it's remarkable. Hard to see everything in 2 days. First show of year and biggest in South, with all manufacturers, product venders, demos, seminars from noted speakers from across country, street performers, food; well you get the idea. Heartland will have a very large presence at this show.

#1. There is a very large parking area with tailgatting/boondocking oportunities. Lots of folks stay in parking area while seeing the show for couple of days.

#2. There is also the Super Rally area where for a price of $159 you have 30 amp electric, free admision to show, 3 nights of entertainment, and donuts and coffee every morning. No water or sewer hookups at either. You have to bring full water tanks and empty sewer tanks.

There will be a Heartland Owners table at or near Heartland display, and will be manned by volunteers from Heartland Owners Group.

Mickey

Last edited:

PARRISH

Re: Florida State Chaper of the Heartland Owners Club and the Tampa RV Supershow Jan 12 -16, 2011

Hi mickey this is rick will be happy to help in tampa fl

rick parrish

PARRISH

Re: Florida State Chaper of the Heartland Owners Club and the Tampa RV Supershow Jan 12 -16, 2011

Micky I Have been waiting so long to meet you and your wife. Happy to know that you will soon have a diffrent truch to pull your 5 th wheeel rig. If I can be of any help all you need to do is contact me. As for Tampa I for one will be at that show the whole time. Look foward tto our next visit.

Rick Parrish

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Folks;
For those of you who are still "thinking" about the Super Show. I called show manager and the parking for the general admission area where we could boondock has increased to $15 per night. Generators permitted, but should be quiet. We should be able to reserve several spots and stay in one area. The ideal is to come as a group, but we all know that is hard to do.
If we decide on Super Rally site we should be able to park in one area even if some late arrivals. Remember Admission, parking, electricity, entertainment, and all the fun you can have, is included in Super Rally price.
What days would most arrive.
I believe Wednesday was senior day,with some good discounts for general admission.
The club is going to host a hot dog; and for more healthy conscious; lite healty food supper, one night. That's why I'm trying to plan ahead.
So many things to see and do, will keep it interesting.

RallyUp

How do we reserve a spot for the Tampa RV show?

caissiel

We are Canadian snow birds. we will be in the area during that time.
Would be nice to attend the show also.
We missed it last year we had to be here due to family ilness.

MICKEY

Caissiel;

Please join us! You will be glad you did.

floridarandy

Mickey - Karen and I will try and drive up from Sarasota for the day of the show your suggest will have the most Florida Chapter activities. I'm having some minor knee surgery Dec 2 and will have somewhat limited range until sometime in February. Keep us posted.

Bobby A

Re: Finalizing tampa super show

Hi Mickey,

We will be in the Port Richey area for the winter, we do plan on coming to the show, planning on working the owners table with Jim B like last year. Hope to meet you then, we will not be bring our coach as we will commute back and forth.

Bobby A

MICKEY

Thank you Bobby;
If you worked table with Jim last year how about calling me and helping me with some info.
Mickey
386-424-8643

caissiel

We are from NB Canada
Would like to attend and park
be there all week with RV.

MICKEY

Barbara and Laurent;
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing some of your mods. They sound interesting. You knew that engineering background would come in handy after retirement. Now if I could only figure out how to open my closet sliders without breaking the latch!

PARRISH

MICKY:;
IWILL BE AT THE SHOW BACK IN TOWN, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING CALL.
rICK pARRISH

sriley

Mickey....Might be a possible for us. Depends upon another show date along if a surgery is in the making. Would be nice to meet other Heartland owners. Would be super to plan a venture to Elkhart and go through the factory. A couple great campgrounds near there and one nice one north of Indianapolis, IN.
The Riley's

Mickey

Ref; Tampa Super Show

Catherine and I are members of Thousand Trails, which has a campground by Disney on Hwy 27. We would be camping there and may come to the show on a day by day basis. Looking forward to meeting you next week.

Ed Grimes

MICKEY

ED AND CATHERINE;
Fantastic. We are going to have a great time. Getting responses from folks from out of state as well. Look for the official sticky event page to come out in a day or two on the forum, giving all details.
Looking forward to our dinner next week.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

So far, I have not seen any dates for this get together. Maybe I missed it on another page. We are wintering at Davenport but would love to join up with the Heartland folks if possible. Hoganc

MICKEY

The rally fee is per coach, 2 people, there is an $10 extra charge per person for more than 2. We are looking forward to having you at the show.

MICKEY

Folks;
Just a reminder. The thread was combined from a couple earlier post. The very first post (last page) is about the event, and is one of latest. As people make reservations we will post their names on that page. I know the order of the post is a little confusing just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.