3585rl frame size question

We have been looking/shopping for a bighorn and have just about settled on this model. Question is - am I reading the brochures right in that the 3585 has a 10" I-beam rather that the 12" as the 3610 or 3670 have? The reason I ask is we are interested in having an auto-level system installed and I have read that you really need to have a 12" I-Beam to avoid potentially twisting and/or damaging your frame.

Thanks,
Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 3585rl question

Mark, I think you have settled on the right brand and model...Heartland Bighorn 3585RL. Good choice.
While I am not from the factory, I do know about the 3585RL.
The 3585RL does have a 12" I-beam. And I have the Lippert Level Up system installed on mine.
We love our 3585RL.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

Mark,

Glad you are joining the Heartland RV Family. The 3585 is built on a 12" I Beam. I hope this helps.

Thanks Dave,
That is reassuring. I though it odd that the 3585 would be built on a 10" when the 3610 and 3670 (essentially the same length, weight, etc.) are built on the 12", but all the literature didn't make that very clear.
How do you like your leveling system? Is is worth the money? Would you do it again?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks Dave,
How do you like your leveling system? Is is worth the money? Would you do it again?

Love it. Yes if you can afford it, and yes. I did however get special pricing. Couldn't say for sure if I would get it at retail, but I think I would. It's nice.

Peace
Dave