New prospective owner.

Covfam

Howdy y'all

My wife and i are looking to buy a small trailer to pull with our nissan pathfinder with tow package (6,000lb towing and class4 wd +sway controll hitch as well) we previously have owned a mini class c (22') and Class B (20') that size fits us fine but we recently moved out to the farm and needed a 4wd for back country wisconsin winters, so we will replace out RV for a trailer. we narrowed our search down to the Heartland edge and the Sunnybrook Harmony, our current trusted dealer we have worked with over the years recently became a heartland dealer and carries just about every 5th wheel heartland makes but only carries the sunnybrook travel trailers. this dealer told us that he could order an edge m18 for us if we liked it even though its not his line and his service department could still service the trailer but he had to unfortunatly send us to another dealer to look at the actuall unit.

This other dealer was pretty shady and kept trying to upsell us a large Galiber trying to tell us that out pathfinder could pull the 8,000lbs easy! and he was unwilling to answer any questions about the edge for us.

despite all this we really like the edge but have a question first. The heartland edge web site under features says there is a built in bike rack receiver, but the edge we looked at the shady dealership didnt have one (we specificly looked for one)

Is the heartland website incorrect? if not what weight can it support (we have 2 80lb giant brand electric bikes we would like to haul)

Thank you for your help :)

jimtoo

Hi Covfam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the new models do have the receiver, but you should be getting an answer soon.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

Just want to let you know the hitch on the web site is incorrect....The Edge does not have a hitch....We just put up our new web site last week and I didn't know they included that feature....I also wanted you to be aware that if you don't want to spend the extra money for the Edge over the Harmony, you might want to look at the Focus from Heartland.....The Focus and Edge use the same floorplans but the focus is built more like a normal TT (like the Harmony).....I hope this helps you

Covfam

Thank you for your reply! i didnt realize the focus was a standard TT i just saw the tent end models, since weight isnt as tight for me as some others im going to look into the focus now that you have pointed it out i do like some of the extra features available in the focus like the enclosed & heated basement and larger furnace & a/c since we live in wisconsin and visit family in texas the extra AC/& furnace power helps!

If you dont mind me asking why is the focus with its diamond plating,heated basement,larger ac& furnace larger grey tanks, larger awnings cheaper price than the edge?

And thanks again for the info :)

Covfam

Just want to let you know the hitch on the web site is incorrect....The Edge does not have a hitch....We just put up our new web site last week and I didn't know they included that feature....I also wanted you to be aware that if you don't want to spend the extra money for the Edge over the Harmony, you might want to look at the Focus from Heartland.....The Focus and Edge use the same floorplans but the focus is built more like a normal TT (like the Harmony).....I hope this helps you

Just curious but why is the focus cheaper than the edge if it has the larger grey/black tanks & diamondplate rock guard, the larger awning,stronger ac unit & larger furnace and the heated underbelly?

thank you for the suggestion and we shall take a look at the focus since we arent limited too much on the trailer weight :)

M

Mcreech

The Focus is cheaper because all the parts that make the Edge lighter are more expensive then normal components....For example the Windows inthe Edge are probably $800 more then normal windows but they are half the weight and then the front Cap on the Edge is another $800 part....So just in those 2 parts were at $1600 difference....Please visit Wagner trailer sales up there in WI, they have the Focus in stock

Covfam

The Focus is cheaper because all the parts that make the Edge lighter are more expensive then normal components....For example the Windows inthe Edge are probably $800 more then normal windows but they are half the weight and then the front Cap on the Edge is another $800 part....So just in those 2 parts were at $1600 difference....Please visit Wagner trailer sales up there in WI, they have the Focus in stock

Thanks for the answer, while that focus model isnt the floorplan we like we shall take a look at it anyhow to see the trailer, we love the m18 on the edge (in fact thats the best floorplan we have ever been in for a small trailer). and my wife & i dont have children and dont want a 26'30' trailer to get a good floorplan! so after looking at the focus FX 18 online my wife and i will drive 3.5 hours to greenbay and look at the focus and see if we like the focus better than the edge :)

M

Mcreech

I just want to make sure you understand the M18 Edge and FX 18 Focus are the same floorplans as is the M21 and FX21 and the M22 and FX22.......The only difference is the components that go into the units.......

Covfam

well i guess im wrong they do have a fx18 on hand!, one question we have a local heartland dealer that we trust that we have used for many years with our Class C and class B service work. they only carry the Big Country ,The Greystone & the Elkridge , if we decide we like the focus or edge would we be able to buy it from our local dealer even tho they dont carry the focus or the Edge and have it serviced by them? the dealer we like is Coulee region RV and they recently became a heartland dealer but we trust them and would really prefer purchasing from them if tis possible, its hard to keep good service updates with a nearly 4 hour drive across the state (not saying anything bad about wagner trailers)

M

Mcreech

We are currently in talks with Coulee to become an Edge and Focus dealer for us......I believe they are close to signing up with us...Maybe you can push him to make the decision sooner