So, Where Do You Put Your Clothes in an MPG?

KJR

I think my preferred floor plan is the 181. I notice with all the floor plans there is no closet of any kind. The 181 has the pantry between the entry door and the bathroom where I suppose you could fold some clothes and stack them on the shelves.

Where are you MPG owners storing your clothes? Same issue with the RPod.

Thanks

Kelvin

We use a tote that slides under the table/bed.We do put some clothes in the pantry as well.However i found it was a little to cramped up at times.
Our tow vehicle is a suv and the next time we get out what we do not need to get at all the time like clothing, etc we will pack in the MPG while traveling and while camping all of this will move to the back of our Rav 4.

MPG185-GA

We have the 185 and we have found tote containers that fit neatly upon the shelf behind the love seat. We have a his and hers and they contain most of what is needed. Like others we store additional items in the TV.

brains77396

We use the travel bags that has a lift up handle and wheels. Put the clothes in the back of the pick-up as it has a lockable cover over it. We only need to open the bag once a day so it is no big deal. The pantry holds towels on the top and food and other junk on the lower three. Most of the heaver can goods go in the compartment under the right side of the dinning seat as they can be accessed without going outside if needed. Not related to your question, but we used a 10X10 Easy-up this trip. It can be set up right next to the trailer, leaving room for the door to open or in our case, set up over the picnic table. Get the plastic rope-light holders and a $9.00 12 foot rope-light from Home Depot will give you some nice outside light. They fit perfectly in the slot for the awning.

bigTdrop

We just bought the 181 and took it out the first time a couple weeks ago. The clothing storage was a question we had as well. We were able to get a suprising amount of clothing into two shelves of the pantry leaving two for food, etc. I tow with a truck that has a shell. I rigged up a sturdy clothing bar just inside the lift up rear window. It worked out fine. We also picked up an over the door clothes hanger...this works well for hanging jackets on the bathroom door, but I'm going to rig some hooks on the right side of the pantry,by the door before we venture out again. It's pretty tough designing all the various creature comforts into such a tiny space, but I think they got it right with the 181. We like the full time queen size bed and the booth style dinette. It gets down to deciding what you need and what you can live without in these small ultralights. We looked at a bunch of them, including the R-Pod. The 181 was a hand's down winner after several months of visiting many dealers here in SoCal and looking around.

mlo166

Same here with the 181 floor plan... sometimes we remove the shelving in the pantry to hang clothes on a rod installed at top. Also, I cut a large rectangular access hole (22" x 13") under the lower bunk bed wall to have access to the rear storage compartment. Finished it out with trim, handle, and velcrose for covering up the access with a piece of thin shelving. It also makes into a dog cave when they travel with us. You will be limited only by your imagination to find ways to use the MPG spaces! (i.e. access to the front storage compartment under the dining seats?)

We have a new 181 which we are just getting used to. We are considering how we will handle the clothes issue as well as other "stuff." One idea we came up with is to take plastic storage tubs that will fit on the seats of the table. They can go there at night, on the bed during the day, and on the floor when we are traveling.

I thought about that, but I want to make better use of the space. My duffel bag itself takes up space. I'm thinking that a plastic tub would be more efficient - not something I'd take into a hotel, but maybe more practical for the MPG. We'll see.

We have the 185 and we have found tote containers that fit neatly upon the shelf behind the love seat. We have a his and hers and they contain most of what is needed. Like others we store additional items in the TV.

Do you have a pic of this that you can post. I just ordered a 185 and I am trying to figure out where we can store our clothes.

I think my preferred floor plan is the 181. I notice with all the floor plans there is no closet of any kind. The 181 has the pantry between the entry door and the bathroom where I suppose you could fold some clothes and stack them on the shelves.

Where are you MPG owners storing your clothes? Same issue with the RPod.

Thanks
Kelvin

R-Pod is a lot worse for storage. They don't even have a pantry for food.

NMMPG

I think we are going to store our clothes in portable plastic drawers on the lower bunk of the 183. Of course, We will have to take out the lower bunk's mattress; that should work for us since there are only three of us. Otherwise, we will keep essentials in the pantry.

TXSWICK

We use the cabinets over the couch also - but purchased "over the door" rack and put it facing inward to the bathroom - at least you can hang your towels or jackets, dresses etc.

I took two shelves out of the pantry in our 185 and installed a closet rod for hanging clothes. The shelves are still available to reinstall if we need them, I just stacked them on the bottom with no-slip inbetween.

Other then food and some items we stored all out clothes, towels and other items in our two vehicle this years trip and it was great. I didnt feel cramped up inside and it only took seconds for us to get things from the tow vehicle.