Propane Heater Placement

KJR

I noticed the heater placement on the MPG is in the dinette area or underneath the permanent bed. How evenly does the heater in the MPG heat up the interior? It seems the area under the dinette or bed would get too warm for those occupants while a the other end of the trailer it would be colder.

Thanks

Kelvin

brains77396

I ran mine about 5 minutes and that is about the time it took for the whole trailer to warm up. You must keep one thing in mind with the heat and air con. You are not heating or cooling a very large space. If it is not freezing cold, heat the trailer with the heater and then maintain with a small electric heater. These things seem to be very well insulated.The heater seems to be a bit noisy also.

I had it on one night and it blows the heat out from the bed. It does heat the bed up nice but also they rest of the trailer as well. I have a feeling it was designed to heat the main bed up quicker.
For sites with power we went out and purchased a little space heater. One that swivels. Place it on swivel mode and place it near the sink and it works great.

brains77396

UP-Date. Here in Houston for the last few days it has been in the high 20's at night. I placed a small electric heater in our 183 and placed the heat selector on 1,000. It is a three position switch listing 500, 1,000 and 1500. Checked it this morning when it was 27 deg outside and the thermostat in the trailer was showing 65 degrees. The thermostat on the little heater was not all the way on high. Couple of thoughts here. A. The trailer is well insulated and B. One can run a small electric heater down into the 20's without having to use the furnace. On a day it went into the 30's, I had to put the heater on the 500 setting as it was too warn. As long as one can keep the pipes from freezing, cold weather camping will not be a problem. This was with the slide-out out, meaning more space to heat.

kb0zke

We have used a small electric heater to warm the interior of our 181, and it works quite well. The furnace is under the bed, and yes, it is quite noisy. We camped the last weekend in January in Branson, and it was actually warm enough to turn the a/c on just to see if it worked! One week later we have 18" of snow on the ground, and more forecast.

Our rig was winterized when we picked it up two months ago, and we haven't used any of the water system yet. Until winter is over we won't even think about using the plumbing. When we camp in the winter it will be strictly dry camping.