Kitchen Slide Alignment

floridarandy

2009 Sundance 2900MK recently joined the family. In looking over the slides we noticed that the curbside kitchen slide in the closed position generally pulls tigher to the sides of the coach at the top. The bottom of the slide pulls in at the end of the operation but does not pull in tight at the rear.

In general I guess it makes sense that the slide pull in tightest on the "front" edge so rain, when driving down the road, is not drive in past the seal. The rear bottom seems the least concerning but as you'll see on the pictures the seals do not compress in this area at all.

Concern? How to adjust?

Thanks

Randy in Florida

Follow this link to the pictures:

http://2900mk.rjc.sent.com/kitchen slide/

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like you could use a slide adjustment. If you are comfortable doing it yourself, it can be done. Or take it to your dealer. I don't know for sure, but I think you have electric slides. The slide seal does not have to be smashed tight but it does need to seal.
And I dont know what brand or style of slide you have but HERE is a link to a PDF of a slide manual.
Hope it helps.

Peace
Dave

jonesj2

Randy, we have the same camper as you and the wife. We have the same things going on as you described. We have had no problems with rain while traveling. I would not worry to much about it unless you have water coming in while traveling.