Hey - How 'bout the Chile mine rescue!

porthole

Retired
Stayed up to watch the first 3 come up early this morning.
Extraordinary effort and amazingly good spirits and health as the miners are emerging.

Just watched the 3rd rescuer go down to the mine - I don't know who is more nuts - the guys that do this type of work or the medics that are heading 2300' down to a potentially uncertain future.

Worldwide effort going on here. A company from Pennsylvania drilled the rescue hole.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Good old American ingenuity got the hole drilled before the expected time frame. Great work 'drilling dudes'. BTW - without the help of NASA scientists things may not have turned out as positive.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I saw a few minutes of it on ABC last night. Heartwarming. Can you imagine being down there that long?

I'll be moving this thread into the Non RV area with a re-direct.

Moose

It is so nice to see "good" news for a change.

A very courageous effort from all involved.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I have been watching with great interest and never knew that our neighbor's from PA were playing such an important part in their rescue. This is an awesome feat for sure. Hope they are as successful with the last man as they have been so far. God Bless all that have helped to save these lives!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Still watching and Praising the Lord, all seem to be in good health.

dieselsweetheart

Quecreek Miners back in July 2002... I remember it well as it was just a week or so before I married the dieselengineer. The Phoenix is the name of the capsule the miners are riding to the surface in...appropriately names as we all know the story of the Phoenix rising from the flames.... it was a western Pa company "Center Rock" that made the drill that saved the Quecreek miners and went to Chile to save those workers.

Western Pa. Home of some heroes.

Willym

A little too much religion and politics on this thread! See the ground rules.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A little too much religion and politics on this thread! See the ground rules.

I edited my post Bill. Sorry my reference to God and Obama was offensive. So God and Obama does not appear in my post.

Willym

Thanks.

A great end for the miners and their families. I can't think of many worse occupations. I see that he PM got some good photo ops at the same time. I suspect that they would have received much less attention (and, probably, compensation) had they died in the incident.

RollingHome

It really surprised me that local PA. company's had so much to do with the rescue. I know that all folks world wide were so happy with the end results... It's so joyful to hear good news isn't it ?