What to Expect

We took delivery of a brand new North Trail 24RBS in late July, 2010 and have taken our baby out 5 times. After the first couple of trips, we noticed that where the wallpaper meets the counter behind the stove and sink, it is starting to buckle and pull away from the wall. So, we took the unit back to the dealer for repair and they had it for 2 wks while we were on a previously scheduled non-trailer vacation. Upon returning home, we found out that the unit had not only NOT been repaired, but the dealer had to "go to bat" for us to get this repaired under warranty and had to provide additional documention and pictures of the problem. It appears the dealer may have to "rebuild" that wall to properly fix whatever is wrong while Heartland may only want to "use a bandaid" to fix whatever is wrong.

Can I count on Heartland to step up and ensure this gets done right or will I be fighting tooth and nail to have the work done properly?

Thanks in advance - Debbie K.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Debbie, I believe what Heartland is having/authorizing the dealer to do may be the very same thing Heartland might do at the factory. I'm also confident that if you are not completely satisfied, contact Heartland and let them know.

Thank you Ray - dealer is still waiting to hear back on what Heartland is going to authorize and should find out by tomorrow.

UPDATE:

My unit is still waiting for complete repair. A week after this post, dealer said work was finally authorized and they were waiting for all parts. We were finally contacted end of October and informed the part to complete the interior warranty work was in and we dropped the unit off, but compartment door was not in yet. We received a call 11/8/10 that interior was done, but door still on order. I called the dealer today - the door was supposedly expected on 11/10/10. I called Heartland, they say the door wasn't ordered until 11/2/10 and didn't ship to the dealer until today!!!! So, who do I believe, the dealer or Heartland?? I had several conversations with dealer in that I wanted to get the unit into storage (we live in MN) and didn't want to transport in the snow - forecast for tomorrow is 6"-8" of snow with more next week. I'm glad there are those of you that have had great service, I'm sorry to say, I cannot say the same and am extremely dissapointed in both the dealer and Heartland.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Heartland can only ship what is ordered by the dealer. It sounds to me like your anger should be toward your dealer.

Tom of Ypsi

Heartland can only ship what is ordered by the dealer. It sounds to me like your anger should be toward your dealer.

Not totally true. It took me over 3 weeks to get parts because of a vacation and the order was sitting on a desk. I guess no one else could do the ordering but never could find out why that is.

Apparently, the dealer had to get "authorization" to order a new door under warranty and this took close to 2 mos. Heartland shows the part ordered on 11/2/10, but didn't ship from Heartland to the dealer on 11/12/10 because Heartland had to go back the vendor for the replacement door. I'm not happy with either the dealer or Heartland right now. Rather than explain the "warranty process", they just kept telling me the part was already ordered. Because of the communication issues, the dealer has offered to deliver the unit to the storage facility for me, so I don't have to worry about that.