James and Lisa's 2011 21FBS

BorgX

We just picked up our North Trail today... looks awesome and we can't wait to take it on the road! Here are some pics... a couple of notes, we were able to somehow get Heartland to put the wood floor material down out of the Big Contry line and it came with a larger LCD TV than it was supposed to... I'm not complaining at all! We got the Pebble interior.

I'm pulling it with a 2007 Trailblazer SS and you can hardly tell it's even back there...

100_0643.sized.jpg

100_0645.sized.jpg

100_0648.sized.jpg

100_0649.sized.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing!! Really like that flooring in the North Trail. We have the tile look flooring in our elk ridge, but I liked it better with the cherry cabinetry.

TT

Hunter

Newby
You will love the 21fbs. DH and I just got back from a 4 week - over 6200 mile trip. We drove from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and went through the border into Michigan, then onto Yellowstone Park and back. Everything on the 21fbs was perfect. We had freezing temperatures at night, so left the water heater on. The water was frozen outside in the morning, but, nothing was damaged. Great trailer - perfect for 2.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I was going to say that earlier this month I met some folks with a North trail in Wyoming and they love it but I see they already left a post. Congrats and have a great time with your new rig.

Hello James and Lisa,
I was looking at you pictures you are not going to believe this. We just purchased our NT 21 FBS from Byerly in Eureka MO this Saturday and will pick up next Saturday. We traded our hybrid in for this they said it just came in on Monday. How does this tow we have Silverado 1500 with v8. Someone told us they you get sheets and blanket with your trailer is this true. How was Byerly RV this is our first purchase with them. Well congratulations on your new RV maybe we will see you camping some time. Isn't the weather great right now.

bozo

Great looking Rig. Did you have the ladder added or did it come from the factory with it. I need to get one added to mine.

Thanks,

bozo

BorgX

Great looking Rig. Did you have the ladder added or did it come from the factory with it. I need to get one added to mine.

Thanks,

bozo
Bozo... my dealer put it on. They ordered it and installed it. They did a great job.

bozo

Sorry BorgX we have been gone camping again for the last five days at Roosevelt State Park in Warm Springs GA. Man it was hard going back in to the grind this morning anyway thanks for the info on the ladder. From the photo's we have the same rig as you. We have had ours for about five months. You will get some looks when you enter a campground people seem to love the look of the 2011 colors. If you ever get to Georgia look us up will give you some tips on some of the campgrounds in the area. We are in the North GA Mountians and we have some great places here. Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

bozo Brian & Sheila (Wife & Best Friend)
2004 GMC Z71 4X4
2011 21 FBS North Trial

Guess we are part of your family now! We also bought a 2011 NT21FBS. Only we aren't doing so well with the maneuvering of it. Actually, we only drove it from the dealer to the storage place. Oh, and we got gas and stopped for dinner along the way. We are soooooo bad with the Wide Trax system. Actually, we were barely beginning to get used to the MPG's little single axle. :)

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's adventures. Reading a post above, I realized I hadn't thought of one thing. Hunter, you mentioned the frozen water. How ARE you supposed to handle freezing temps when you are traveling? Should the outside (TT to faucet) be wrapped ... OR unhooked, or what? Thanks for any info, and looking forward to everyone's posts here.

Best,

Manzan

We picked up our 2011 21FBS March 1. First trip was to the Oregon Coast in lots of wind and rain. Very comfortable. Love the way it tows with our 2003 Suburban LT with the Vortec 6000 engine. Easier than our old trailer that was 7" shorter. No ladder but loaded with extra goodies--RV show special. Leaving Sunday for a few days in Eastern Washington at Steamboat Rock State Park. First time going over there in the spring. Hope to see some wild flowers if it has been warmer there than here.
Enjoy your trailer, we are loving ours.

camr

BorgX- Trailer looks super sharp behind the Trailblazer. The interior is almost identical to the Edge's, which I believe are built on the same line. In looking at your interior photo, I remember how awkward the table setup was. It is heavy and impossible to move. We took the table out and use a small fold down table from Costco, the ones with the X shaped legs. It is super light, and we put it outside in the morning against the side of the trailer by the external plug and use it to hold the toaster.
Have a great time with the new North Trail.
Cam