11 days on the road........

MPG185-GA

Just finished my very first LONG trip. 1,943 miles, 2 National Parks, 1 KY state park, 1 TN state Park and 1 GA state park. TV is a 2006 GMC Denaili Crew Cab and went from 15.4 mpg to 11.3 mpg....hate to get that gas card statement, but it was worth it!..Great weather and good times. Now I have a long list of do's and dont's going forward.....

loafer

Congrats on a safe and happy tirp. You put allot of miles on in a hurry You had a long trip and a short time to get there to quote a famous truckin song
now you just have to plan for the next one
Regards
Bill

brains77396

Kool! Our 11 day trip was right at 2,000 miles and we average about 13.5 with our Nissan Frontier. We just don't have the power you do with your GMC. MPG's aren't that big, but we spent very little time in it other than sleeping. The wife did most of the cooking outside. The down side to the trip was the high heat and humidity. This last weekend at Huntsville State Park (TX) was beautiful. Low 80's during the day and around low 60's at night. We may try a weekend trip later this year. Just don't want to be out when it's raining and have to be cooped up in the trailer. Glad your trip went well. After there a few more of us, we should try for a MPG rally like the R-pod group do. We just attended the second annual TX R-pod rally this last weekend. Don't have a Pod, but it was close enough for government work.

MPG185-GA

Thanks everyone....We stayed mostly outside ourselves. Of course the weather was a big factor in that...highs in the low 70's and lows in the high 30's.....just perfect. All the cooking done outside on the portable grill or my trusty two burner coleman stove. I was impressed at how little propane we went thru. It was a mix of hook-ups and no hook-ups. Next trip might include the dogs...........hmmm, maybe.