General Awning Question....

MPG185-GA

I camped next to a T@B, recently and was looking over the "flying wing" type awning they had set up. It appears to use the same tract method of attachment to the camper. Also, appears to have the same support rods. Anyone know if it will fit the MPG? Seems like it would be a nice option just to have the "wing" awning for a little sun/rain protection. I have the screened awning, it has it's functions, but just too much if you want a little sun/rain protection. It would be nice if you just needed the fabric awning itself and use the same support rods/poles then you would have the option to put up either unit.

LeslieLB

We have a 183 & agree... Plan to go to local shop & discuss making a custom wing type awning. Have you had any success finding more info, other options or if the T@B wing fits?

MPG185-GA

To date I have no additional information. I was really hoping that this "ask the factory" forum would spur some assistance from the factory reps....but so far nothing.

jimtoo

Since the awning your asking about is not a factory option, I do not think the factory reps will respond. I am moving this thread to a better area from other owners.

Jim M

MPG185-GA

LeslieLB....

I did find the "wing" type awning I was talking about offered by http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/tab/tab_suncanopy.php. They are a UK company, but that is as far as I have gotten. I may try and contact Dometic directly and ask them about it. I guess DOMETIC supplies MPG with the strip attachment channel during contruction and that makes it a factory option, but it seems to be a universal attachment accessory. Maybe MPG/DOMETIC has done a little research on the awning options as well....will keep you posted.