Interactive Campground Map

floridarandy

Just discovered this cool site:

http://www.epgsoft.com/CampgroundMap/

Using Google Maps as its base you can zoom to any area of the country. Start by double clicking on the map and continue double clicking or use the zoom control in the upper left of the map. Once you zoom in further you'll see the icons for campgrounds (little red campers) and state parks (little green tents). Click the icon and a box will popup with links to the website of the facility, the RV Park Review site, RV.net Forum search for the facility and Google search on the facility name!

Not sure how comprehensive it is but a GREAT starting point for planing your next trip or Rally!

DON'T SEE A CAMPGROUND YOU LIKE....Click Add Campground in the upper right of the map, supply the info you know and the site will update the map to include the new information.

Randy

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Very Cool! It is actually for the whole country. I just found a convenient State Park in MO for our trip south. THANKS! It's now a bookmark.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Very neat site. I have already submitted a campground to the site that is not on there.

floridarandy

Perhaps we might suggest this as a STICKY somewhere. With the large and active community here in HOF I'm sure we could all provide lots of additional camping info to this site. Not sure who to ask?

loafer

Hey Randy
Looks like you have discovered a winner with that site.Just checked it out and works great.
Thanks for sharing I will be using that along with rv park reviews to plan our next trip.
Regards Bill

floridarandy

Hey Randy
Looks like you have discovered a winner with that site.Just checked it out and works great.
Thanks for sharing I will be using that along with rv park reviews to plan our next trip.
Regards Bill

Bill - did you notice that they put the link to the RV Park Reviews site on most of the locations? What a timesaver.

olcoon

Ray,
Where in Mo will you be staying as you pass through on your way South? We live just outside KC.

wdk450

Gang:
Any new resources for us is a plus, but I did a test of Bodega Bay, California. The website showed 1 private campground. But I know of 4 more campgrounds, 2 in the State Park system that are near or on the beach (the private campground isn't), and 2 (cheaper) county campgrounds both on the water (1 bay, 1 ocean). The RV Park Reviews site lists 3 of these 5.

floridarandy

Gang:
Any new resources for us is a plus, but I did a test of Bodega Bay, California. The website showed 1 private campground. But I know of 4 more campgrounds, 2 in the State Park system that are near or on the beach (the private campground isn't), and 2 (cheaper) county campgrounds both on the water (1 bay, 1 ocean). The RV Park Reviews site lists 3 of these 5.

Bill - the great thing I"ve found with this site is that it is USER driven. If you know of a campground you can click Add Campground Link in the upper right corner and provide the info you know...name and address and any other info you know and the site's owner will add it! Its the very knowledge of this community that will make this a great site for us as individuals as well as for our local chapters.

Randy in Florida

floridarandy

Good find Florida Randy. PS sounds like we have similar rigs -where are you located in FL?

Marguerite - Karen and I live in Sarasota. Our 09 2900MK is new to us and our first 5ver after many years of tent and popup camping. Hope to catch up with the FLorida delegation at a rally in 2011.