------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Site fee: $39.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 for HOC Members, $20/rig for non-HOC members
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 5/13/2011
  • Potluck time: 7:00pm
  • Event Leader: boatto5er(click to contact)
Additional Info:
NOTE: (UPDATE-0 RESERVED SITES LEFT ) You can possibly still get in the campground, but not necessarily right with the group. The campground is not huge so you will not be very far away from us no matter where they can put you. Please call the campground to see if there are sites available. The park is located just northwest of Williamsburg off Interstate 64, Exit 231a (Croaker Road). Nearby attractions include: Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Amusement Park, Water Country USA, Jamestown, Yorktown Victory Park, and more. The Rally rate is good for early arrival or departure. Contact the Chapter Leader, Gus Funderburg (g_funderburg@yahoo.com) for any questions.

Hudson has "volunteered" to lead a group trip to Busch Gardens on Sat, May 14 for anyone who wants to go. We'll firm up departure time, travel arrangements, etc as we get closer to the rally date. This will be a "Pay your own way" event. Check out http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/Purchase/tickets.aspx for pricing information. I believe the campground has tickets available with a small discount.
Of course, other historic and fun places are located nearby, so those will also be available for your touring pleasure.

When you make your reservation, PLEASE send me an email or post a message in this thread so I can keep track of who is coming - THANKS! I will try to keep a running list of attendees posted here:

1. Gus and Debra Funderburg - 12-16 May, Site 32
2. John and Nancy Latham - 12-17 May, Site 43
3. Wayne and Jean Gentry, Site 26
4. Jerry and Pam Tims, - 12-15 May, Site 23
5. Mike and Joanna Burstein - 12-16 May, Site 28
6. Mike and Ann Walker - 12-15 May, Site 25
7. Dick and Reta Hill - 11-16 May, Site 24
8. Jim and Leslie Pasch - 12-15 May, Site 30
9. Keith and Carol Lindgren - 11-15 May, Site 33
10. Don and Cindy Massengill - 12-16 May, Site 31
11. Roger and Janet Burnham - 12-17 May, Site 34
12. John and Deb Bylinski - 13-16 May, Site 45
13. Dave and Julie Yocum - Site 47
14. Ken and Marj Gallimore - 12-15 May, Site 29
15. Jim and Nancy Beletti - 5-16 May, Site 44
16. Eric and Dorothy van Opstal - 12-15 May, Site 48
17. Howard and Kathy Burnette - 12-15 May, Site 49
18. Johnnie and Marsha Turner - 12-16 May, Site 50
19. Dick and Debbie Hazel - 12-15 May, Site 51
20. John and Fran Stahl - 12-15 May, Site 27
21. Hudson and Tracey Hendren - TBD, Site 22
22. Roger and Kelly Beasley - 13-15 May, Site 35
23. Pete and Deb Fortin, - TBD, Site 67
24. Calvin and Judy Hicks, TBD, Site 68
25. Tony and Louise Colligon, 12-14 May, Site 21
26. Mark and Linda Millen, 13-14 May, Site 58
27. Gerred and Brandi Hand, 14-15 May, Site 59
28. John and Mary Ann Proto, 13-15 May, Site 63
29. Eric and Hallie Grubaugh, 12-15 May, Site 62
30. Ed and Barbara Rauch, 12-15 May, Site 52
31. Larry and Samantha Bandstra, 12-15 May, Site TBD

Attachments

• Williamsburg Sites 8.jpg
    Williamsburg Sites 8.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:

PSF513

Underwear; shoes; socks; hats; OK you get the point.

If you have bicycles, bring them. National battlefields are close by and very bicycle friendly

AND, for the ladies that like to shop, lots of shopping close by.

GUS: I know that, unless we are out of town for some reason, we will be there.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jim - no RED coats - PERIOD! You may bring a blue one if you have one. Mike, you are welcome, even with the Big Red Truck. Pete, if you come, you will be out of town! Jason, it'll be good to see you again. Deb - let's keep our fingers crossed that we don't need any coats - of course, the last time we were there we did have a big bonfire on a 103 degree day!

hillsonwheels

As of now, unless we get a better offer (and, I can't imagine what it could be) the Hills would consider it an honor to attend! Can't have anyone talking about us unless we can be there to hear it.........:eek:

Dick

happycampernc

We will be there if it's not the customer appreciation weekend for Chesapeake RV Solutions. Will be camping the next two weekends in VA Beach.

dieselsweetheart

Can't make this one Gus. Jim's son is graduating from PSU. We will be camping up at Penn State. Would love to be there...but Jim's waited 5 years for this son to graduate (engineering school). See you in NJ!

camperjohn08

Called today, 19 OCT, we will be attending. Our arrivial date is Thursday 12 May thru Tuesday 17 May 2011. As soon as I get either a site number or conf. number I will update
this posting. I shall bring firewood so we all can have a nice campfire to enjoy..

Just Called back today, Nancy & I will be on site # 43.............

Last edited:

Vtxkid

Alright Gus,
Count Jerry and Pam in. Reservations have been made. (13th -15th) Just camped there about 6 weeks ago... Nice campground and looking forward to it!

mlburst1

Gus,

Joanna and I will be there - looking forward to meeting everyone!

Arriving 05/12 - departing 05/16.

Mike

hillsonwheels

Hi.......Already sent you an e-mail about our participation. Just wanted to post it here as well. Arriving on the 11th and departing on the 16th. Keep grinnin' :D

Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
With all these early rally plans There may be no spots left for us by the time I get to pick my vacation - and I get to start picking it in December :confused:

Unfortunately, it is a real problem. Unless we lock in a campground early, they (the CG's) can't guarantee us spots, or in some cases even a particular weekend. And having a rally in a popular spot exacerbates the problem. It sometimes becomes a win-lose situation. You get a good campground and a good date, but sites are limited. Hope you and Deb can attend. Although we only have 25 guaranteed sites close together, the CG will still accept reservations at the rally rate for any other spots they have remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.