Winterizing my Sundance 3200

Martind

Hi, our Sundance is our first 5th wheel and I am looking forward to our trip south, but I need to winterize it until we leave the cold north in December. I know that there has been numerous questions about winterizing but here is another. I have drained the hot water tank and all of the holding tanks. I read in one discussion that you could circulate antifreeze through the pipes by using the water pump - this seems like a great idea. I can't figure out how to get the antifreeze into the system - my Sundance dose not have a winterize switch like some other models. Suggestions? Thanks... Dan

jimtoo

Hi Martind,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will get an answer soon from another Sundance owner.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I thought that Heartland had the antifreeze pick-up tube and valve on all the models. No Problem. You can go to any reputable RV parts shop and pick up the kit or shop on-line or go to camping world. All it entails is a valve that you install in line with the hose coming from the freshwater tank. It usually threads right on to the pump and then the hose from the tank screws on to the other side of the valve. You place the pick-up tube into your container of antifreeze, turn the valve to pickup the antifreeze and when you turn on your pump, it pulls the antifreeze through the pump and into your supply line going to all your sinks, shower, toilet.

BE SURE TO BYPASS THE HOT WATER HEATER. You do not want it in there. I then go to each faucet and turn it on till the pink antifreeze arrives, then turn it off. Do both cold and hot sides. I pour a little into each p-trap. Don't forget the outside shower if you have one, and also the shower and the toilet. I don't pour any into toilet and let it sit on top of the flap...the pink stuff can stain it if it's plastic. I usually use 1 gallon on our 2010 2900MK Sundance, but I've always got an extra jug. I always open up the low point drains and empty the lines first, then close them and do the winterizing.

I think I got the steps right. We have one last weekend of camping at Lake Tahoe, NV this week then I'll winterize and put baby to sleep for the winter.

Geo

I have a 3200RE, there is a panel that you need to remove on the right side of the compartment next to the LP bottle storage are. After removing the screws & looking in side you will find a hose & there is to valves there, you need to close one & open the other one. Then you can put the hose in an rv antifreeze jug & when the pump is on it will pull from the bottle & not your fresh water tank. Then just open one at a time all the faucets, toilet & don’t for get the out side shower & then dump about 1-2 cups in all the drains. This hose is in the back of where you put in your fresh water, tank dump levers & so on.
I hope this helps
George

Martind

Thanks to both George and George. I found the hose behind the panel as suggested. It all worked like a charm, it is now fully winterized.

Thanks again... Dan