AM & FM radio reception

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We have a Coby unit in our '07 3055 Bighorn. I have never been impressed with the radio reception and have noticed that Heartland now offers an exterior antenna and have wondered how that works. I would appreciated any feedback from folks that may have an exterior antenna. If these work well I wonder if it would be much of a project to add one to our BH.

Geo

Mine works great, this is the first one with the rubber antenna on the roof in the past I had campers with home theater / surround sound & they had small wire antennas in the rv but it would not pick up any thing. This thing has an antenna on the roof with a coax wire running to it from the radio like in your car or truck. I have a Jensen unit with radio, DVD / CD player & i like it ,
I hope this helps.
George

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, try to find an adapter that will allow you to connect your roof antenna coax to the FM antenna connection on the receiver. I was able to do this with our Samsung unit and it does a pretty good job. I used a splitter on the coax going into the TV connection.

Two Hands

We have a Zenith in our 2007 Big Horn that is a combination AM/FM radio, CD and DVD player. It has the long coated wire antenna and gets very good radio reception. Ours is held in place inside the cabinet by a velcro strip. It can be easily removed to check the back and insure the antenna is properly connected.