Winter use

bull

Does anyone know what to do about window leaking cold air? Tried the double stick tape and plastic but tape comes loose from moisture. Also, fridge leaks air to inside from outside panels. Being I have fridge on electric can I close off outside.

Northern Virginia
Can you explain more on the fridge leaking? I am not sure I follow what you mean.

If you mean the outside vent, I would think if it's pretty cold outside, you could cover the exterior vent. On gas I would worry about moisture build up in the compartment but would think you would be okay on electric.

grizzlygiant

We have lived in our Sundance in -18C weather. Our windows, single pane, do radiate cold but pulling the blinds helps. My wife puts a styrofoam panel over the window on her side of the bed. There should be no air path from the outside around your refer. Look in the back panel and see if some foam may be needed to seal any cracks. Freezing in the underbelly can be a problem, especially with electric heat as primary source. There is a current thread about electric heat and furnace blower to circulate warm air under the floor. We put a skirt around the perimeter in very cold weather.

bull

There is cold air coming in under fridge from outside vents. I have a digital laser thermometer and pull out drawer below fridge is 20 degrees colder than rest of fiver. Thanks for any help.

traveler44

I cut out some 1/2" pink insulation board to fit snug to the width of the window frames. Radiused the top corners using a coffee can that fit the inside radius on the windows. I left the bottom about 2" long and slide them up inside the window frame. Pulling the blinds down helps lock them in place. I don't cover the big window in the back or the one by the dinnette. You might try some of that sticky back velcrow on the corners of your plastic and then tape the edges from the inside. The outside, between the window and the plastic might draw more condensation. Tom M.