Ladder Type/Storage Recommendations

floridarandy

New to 5ers. As I consider outfitting our 2900MK I'm wondering what the community does for ladders. I've got a nice stepstool for DW that will handle the inside but I'm thinking that some type of portable/folding ladder makes sense for accessing things outside....like cleaning off the top of the slides....washing and cleaning windows, etc.

And, I want something that won't dominate the limited basement and front compartment storage as well. Maybe even a cool way to store the ladder under the rig somehow....or maybe even in the truck bed (shortbed slider hitch tho).

You all seem to have thought of all this kind of stuff so I'm all ears....and a picture says a 1000 words.

Randy in Florida

caissiel

I carry a 6ft step ladder held under the frame at the rear of the trailer, along with the 2 Kayaks.
I had to move the spare tire to the front in line with the step. The crank for the spare just fits between the step and the slide.

I tie it all with ratchet straps on rope Rings http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326853_200326853 that I bolted to the beam like the under belly sheeting is held.

The Ladder is behind the Kayaks in front of the stabilizer

Attachments

• 460 Rear under carrier.jpg
    460 Rear under carrier.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 460.jpg
    460.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 460 Rope Ring.gif
    460 Rope Ring.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 24

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the Telesteps. Works great, not too heavy, uses very little space. Have washed the 5ver, removed snow and ice off slides, and installed additional reflectors while on this ladder. Always have DH hold it tho, to make sure it's steady.

Erika

ChopperBill

I use a ladder rack for lawn chairs. Cheap and easy. Put the rack on a lower ladder rung and then strap/bungee your ladder to it. I have 4-6-8 foot ladders at home so I saw no sense in buying a specialty ladder. Ladder rack link