Front Landing Jacks

Wharton

I just queried Lippert about the extension of the front landing jacks, we don't want to exceed the max. The response I have from them is the portion of the leg with the holes has 12 holes and you can safely use all of them. The portion of the leg that extends with the hydraulics can extend 12" max.

Does everyone concurr with this info???

Wharton

There has been no replies to this.

Does anyone know how far one can extend the landing jacks?

Is there a stop so you don't extend them too far?

I don't want to find out in an inopportune moment............................

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I've extended mine to an internal stop. I didn't measure it but it did stop on it's own at full extension.

jimtoo

I just queried Lippert about the extension of the front landing jacks, we don't want to exceed the max. The response I have from them is the portion of the leg with the holes has 12 holes and you can safely use all of them. The portion of the leg that extends with the hydraulics can extend 12" max.

Does everyone concurr with this info???

You got your answer from the manufacture. You do risk blowing a fuse if over extending or retracting to the limit and overloading the motor.

beasleyrl

On my Cyclone, I have extended the old electric style landing gear until I heard a clicking sound. I assume that was the end. This summer, I replaced these with the hydraulic landing gear as part of an upgrade to level up. I have since extended them to the point where they stop. I think it is safe to say, you can't extend either the electric or hydraulic systems past a point where there will be a problem. Now on the manual extensions, that may be another story. I have not done this myself, but I watched as they replaced the electric landing gear with the hydraulic. As part of that process, they raised the front of the rig onto big blocks and then ejected the inner (manual) legs by simply pulling the pin and letting them fall to the ground.

Wharton

That is good to know. I would rather have the info from the forum than Lippert. The forum has experience, Lippert is all theory............

Thanks................