------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 10-15
  • Site fee: $$43 nite per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/10/2011
  • Potluck time: 5:00

• Event Leader: skyguy(click to contact)
Additional Info:
Reservation format for this event is different!! You must reserve through me and send me a $20 non refundable deposit if you will be attending. DO NOT reserve through Lakeside KOA, UNLESS you plan on spending more days, then those days only must be reserved through the KOA system. If you plan to stay more days, please let Lakeside know you are with the Heartland Group, so they will place you in the correct area. We will be staying in the western three rows of campsites, ALL PULL-THROUGHS.

Unfortunately, if you want to stay with the group, you will have to make a reservation through me PRIOR to May 1, 2011. We will need to pay a $200 deposit by May 1, that's why I ask for the $20 deposit. (You may cancel up until May 24 and just lose your $20. Cancel after that and it costs one night's stay - $43) June is a busy time, and weekends especially for this RV park, and you may not be able to stay there UNLESS you have made a reservation! (Sorry - their rules, not mine)

Please send me a private message (PM) thru the forum, and I will reply with my address so you can mail a check...

[FONT=&quot]Friday: 8:30AM Coffee and donuts, open house at the dealership. I will have several Bighorn, Big Country, and Landmark models on display[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saturday: 4PM Allen Cataldo (Service Manager) Ty Austin (Shop foreman) Michael Janicek (parts Dept) will arrive to cook some BBQ chicken, chips, soda, potato salad etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I was thinking we could have dinner served at 5-5:30, at that time, Allen would like to do a short presentation about who we are and what we offer from the service department.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Afterwards, Ty will do a Q&A session with the club members about their Heartland products.
[/FONT]

POTLUCK Friday afternoon.

Questions? Feel free to email me! Or private msg....

Directions are available on their website: http://www.fclakesidecg.com/koa-rv-campground.asp

Al Schlafli
Wagonmaster

Bob Wengler
Head Mucky-muck

OK, SO FAR WE HAVE:
1- Bob and Marion Wengler (PAID)* Colorado Chapter Leader
2- Al and Rexann Schlafli (PAID)
3- Randy and Kathy Reano (PAID)
4- Ron and Brenda Kirkland (PAID)
5- Chet and Colleen Gardner (PAID)
6- Ted and Jean Schultz (PAID
7- Gordon and Patti Tye (PAID)
8- Lou Lambdin Marilyn Weddel (PAID)
9- Dave and Amy Tardiff (PAID) Wyoming Chapter Leader
10-Gary and Denise Benns (PAID)
11- Chet and Bev Boise (PAID)
12- Don and Jennifer Krien (PAID)
13- Linda and Tom Pampinella (PAID)
14 - who's next?

*(ITM) "In the Mail"

Last edited:

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
Hi Al
Well you did not make the last Rally, and it was a disaster with out you...the Wagon Master ! Some of the group tried to circle the wagons ,two of them ran in to each other ,one hit a tree ,one ran into the pool .
so please do nottttttt miss this one!!!

Bob & Marion will be there

rjr6150

Count Randy and Kathy in also. If things work out may just be spending the summer in this park.

Hi Al;

Count the Kirkland's in for the spring rally. I have one thing to say about the Moab Rally--Bob and Marion were the ones that were washing their rig in the swimming pool that afternoon! He claimed superior authority, since he was the "head mucky muck"!

Take care,
Ron & Brenda

rjr6150

Wanted to let the CO. Chapter know Kathy and I stopped by Windish RV in Longmont, Co this past Saturday. As Kathy says Randy is dreaming again. Did meet and spoke with Drew Bryant the sales manager there and asked if they would sponsor coffee and donunts on Saturday 6/11. His immediate response was yes and will also ensure they have a selection of units lined up to check out also wants to be involved with the Co.owners club.

Also to let you Co. chapter members that our excellent member from KS hint the name is (Chet) after calling and requesting both his CC #s and would he co-sign received a resounding yes. So anyone in the market give him a shout.

skyguy

Howdy to all -

Al Schlafli here... for those that haven't met me, I am your Rocky Mountain Region "Wagonmaster". I "volunteered" for this task at the Rocky Mountain Region's first Rally in May of 2009. (Hint - to avoid "volunteering" for this group, DO NOT under any circumstance MOVE, GET UP, make EYE CONTACT, or otherwise show any interest when someone asks for VOLUNTEERS!!) Don't ask me how I know!!

Actually, I really don't mind the job, and I've been promised twice the perks I got last year! (Lessee, 2 times ZERO is uh... still NONE)

OK - now for some news...
Rally reservations - the Spring RM Rally is June 9-12, at the Lakeside KOA in Ft. Collins, CO. The KOA has aksed that I send a onetime $200 fee for our reservations 30 days prior to the event. So I am NOT on the hook for the entire amount, I am asking each party to forward $20 for your reservation to me, PRIOR to May 1, 2011. If you do NOT send me $20, your name will not be on our list, and you might not be able to camp next to our group, and might not even get a RESERVATION! Consider yourself warned...

If you need to send me money yet, my address is:
Al Schlafli
801 Sirius Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905

Randy Reano has been talking with Windish RV in Longmont, and they are EXCITED about the Heartland Owner's Club! They are talking about a hamburger fest, an opportunity to see the latest in Heartland products at their dealership, and possibly even sending a tech up to the KOA to take care of owner issues (if possible). ZOWIE!! Thanks Randy for working on this! More details will follow as we get closer to the Rally!

Rally Tags
Everybody who has joined the owner's club should have received a permanent Name Tag (great for us who can't remember nuthin'). Some folks have added small event tags to hang below your name tag.

Here is a copy of my original post:
>>> The gals that produce the name tags for the Heartland Owners
>>> Club also will make custom "tags" that will come with jump
>>> rings so you may attach additional tags below your name tag.
>>> They are $3.50 each.
>>>
>>> I thought that was a little high, so I did some local
>>> checking... I have a shop here that has done some good work for
>>> me in the past, and they can produce the same type of tag...
>>> $2.50 for a one line tag
>>>
>>> Tags would be something like blue imprint on white background,
>>> jump rings incl:
>>>
>>> Colorado Springs - Spring 2009
>>>
>>> Estes Park - Fall 2009
>>>
>>> Gunnison - Spring 2010
>>>
>>> Moab, UT - Fall 2010
>>>
>>> Wagonmaster - 2010
>>> Rocky Mountain Region

The NEW tag for the Spring Rally will read:
Ft. Collins - Springs 2011

(Just one line, I believe - please correct me if I am wrong!)

If you want tags, let me know how many of what, and I will bring them to the Springs Rally. You can pay me at the Rally for tags you order now....

Hope to see you ALL there!

Al Schlafli
(For Bob Wengler, our fearless leader)

skyguy

Woohoo! We're gonna have a party! Now over 10 reservations - pretty good for our "Mountain Region" Bob - better bring lot of wood for that fireplace!

See you ALL there!

Al

skyguy

Schedule of Events (as of Apil 13, 2011)

Randy Reano (thanks Randy!!) has been working with Windish RV, and here is there schedule for us so far...
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Friday: 8:30AM Coffee and donuts, open house at the dealership. I will have several Bighorn, Big Country, and Landmark models on display[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday: 4PM Allen Cataldo (Service Manager) Ty Austin (Shop foreman) Michael Janicek (parts Dept) will arrive to cook some BBQ chicken, chips, soda, potato salad etc. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I was thinking we could have dinner served at 5-5:30, at that time, Allen would like to do a short presentation about who we are and what we offer from the service department.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Afterwards, Ty will do a Q&A session with the club members about their Heartland products. We were also thinking about doing a gift bag of some sort for each couple, can you get me a head count? Just a general idea would be great.
[/FONT]

We are planning to have our POT-LUCK then Friday evening If you would like first DIBS on what you are planning on bringing to the PotLuck, then please post it HERE!!
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We are planning to have our POT-LUCK then Friday evening If you would like first DIBS on what you are planning on bringing to the PotLuck, then please post it HERE!!

We are planning on sweet and spicy meat balls with some rolls.

codycarver

Howdy to all -

Al Schlafli here... for those that haven't met me, I am your Rocky Mountain Region "Wagonmaster". I "volunteered" for this task at the Rocky Mountain Region's first Rally in May of 2009. (Hint - to avoid "volunteering" for this group, DO NOT under any circumstance MOVE, GET UP, make EYE CONTACT, or otherwise show any interest when someone asks for VOLUNTEERS!!) Don't ask me how I know!!

Actually, I really don't mind the job, and I've been promised twice the perks I got last year! (Lessee, 2 times ZERO is uh... still NONE)

OK - now for some news...
Rally reservations - the Spring RM Rally is June 9-12, at the Lakeside KOA in Ft. Collins, CO. The KOA has aksed that I send a onetime $200 fee for our reservations 30 days prior to the event. So I am NOT on the hook for the entire amount, I am asking each party to forward $20 for your reservation to me, PRIOR to May 1, 2011. If you do NOT send me $20, your name will not be on our list, and you might not be able to camp next to our group, and might not even get a RESERVATION! Consider yourself warned...

If you need to send me money yet, my address is:
Al Schlafli
801 Sirius Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905

Randy Reano has been talking with Windish RV in Longmont, and they are EXCITED about the Heartland Owner's Club! They are talking about a hamburger fest, an opportunity to see the latest in Heartland products at their dealership, and possibly even sending a tech up to the KOA to take care of owner issues (if possible). ZOWIE!! Thanks Randy for working on this! More details will follow as we get closer to the Rally!

Rally Tags
Everybody who has joined the owner's club should have received a permanent Name Tag (great for us who can't remember nuthin'). Some folks have added small event tags to hang below your name tag.

Here is a copy of my original post:
>>> The gals that produce the name tags for the Heartland Owners
>>> Club also will make custom "tags" that will come with jump
>>> rings so you may attach additional tags below your name tag.
>>> They are $3.50 each.
>>>
>>> I thought that was a little high, so I did some local
>>> checking... I have a shop here that has done some good work for
>>> me in the past, and they can produce the same type of tag...
>>> $2.50 for a one line tag
>>>
>>> Tags would be something like blue imprint on white background,
>>> jump rings incl:
>>>
>>> Colorado Springs - Spring 2009
>>>
>>> Estes Park - Fall 2009
>>>
>>> Gunnison - Spring 2010
>>>
>>> Moab, UT - Fall 2010
>>>
>>> Wagonmaster - 2010
>>> Rocky Mountain Region

The NEW tag for the Spring Rally will read:
Ft. Collins - Springs 2011

(Just one line, I believe - please correct me if I am wrong!)

If you want tags, let me know how many of what, and I will bring them to the Springs Rally. You can pay me at the Rally for tags you order now....

Hope to see you ALL there!

Al Schlafli
(For Bob Wengler, our fearless leader)

Al, If it's not to late Amy and I would take a couple tags. Thanks

rjr6150

Seems like our fearless leader has exhausted his supply of firewood.
I contacted one of the local places in Ft. Collins and they will deliver a 1/4 cord of pine to our campsite for $45 not sure if there would be a sales tax for this. If I can get enough commits to share the cost will go ahead and place the order. If all chip in would come in around $3.50 for each unit assuming no sales tax.

codycarver

I contacted one of the local places in Ft. Collins and they will deliver a 1/4 cord of pine to our campsite for $45 not sure if there would be a sales tax for this. If I can get enough commits to share the cost will go ahead and place the order. If all chip in would come in around $3.50 for each unit assuming no sales tax.

Sounds good to us.

Good Mornin' Colorado Chapter;

I can't believe Bob and Marion burned all their firewood up in Arizona this winter! Everyone, Randy and Kathy can attest to this inferno issue also. The campfire must have been 15-20 feet in the air. Gary and Denise were ready to call the Florence, Arizona fire department. Yes, Brenda and I will chip in also for the wood. Would everyone start thinking sun and warm weather temperatures for the Colorado Rally, we are tired of this cold in Wyoming. See you all in a couple of weeks--I best start cleaning the camper now.

Take care, happy camping
Ron & Brenda

skyguy

Well, if you are pining for a fire that bad.... woodn't you know ol' blockhead wood come up with a cheep excuse, that leafs me with a cold feeling... I could root around and come up with some, but go ahead.

And Jasper agrees - He said "Bark Bark"

Status
Not open for further replies.