What is the flashing light on HVAC remote control sensor?

heidi72

flashing light on remote control sensor on heating unit

could anyone tell me what this flashing green light means. it is on the sensor for the heating and A/C unit on the roof inside the landmark .the light which has UNIT ON wrote next to it usualy stays on but for the last two nights it has been flashing. the heat is coming out just like normal and the light stops flashing when i turn the unit off.
many thanks
Heidi

K

Ken Washington

I think that when it flashes the heat or air will work . When it stays lite, only the air will work.
When no light is on or flashing, the unit is off.

Ken

BigBlue

BigBlue
The receiver’s Green LED will blink to alert the operator to the following:
One blink with one second interval, frost control active.
Two blinks with one second interval, DC voltage high (18VDC and over).
Three blinks with one second interval, DC voltage low (9.75 VDC or lower).
Blink ON for 1/2 second, OFF 1/2 second - See step 8 Delay Timer, Paragraph a.
8. Delay Timer (Present in all Modes)
a. The short-cycle delay is activated every time the compressor turns “OFF”. The
timer will delay the compressor from restart until the 150 second time has
elapsed.
b. Delay on start cycle is activated when ever the fan is tuned “ON”. A 15 second
delay is started before the compressor or heat is turned “ON”.
c. Delay-on-off cycle is present when the compressor or heat is turned “OFF”.
The fan will continue to operate for 15 seconds.

I got this information from the Dometic manual for the remote. You can get a copy if you didn't get one with your trailer by going to dometic and looking for their downloadable manuals.

heidi72

thank you for your help
I will download that manual right away.
many thanks once again all the way from the UK.
Heidi & Dennis

jbeletti

Heidi and Dennis,

Great to once again, here from our Heartland Owners form across the pond. When you get a chance, can you please spend a few minutes telling us about your experience on the UK with your Heartland? I am curious how well the larger (than your typical caravan) RV has worked out over there with respect to the roads, what your fellow caravaners have thought about your Heartland, what your overall experience has been with your Heartland and what your dealer support is like over there.

Take care and happy caravanning.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

BigBlue,
Boy was I wrong! I can't figure out all of that info. and why they think I need it! I'm glad you understand what's going on because I don't!

Ken

heidi72

Hello Jim
nice to hear from you again.dennis and myself are still enjoying our landmark and friends who have seen it have remarked about how well built and the quality of the interior.Our trailer is the only heartland in the UK but their are a lot of other make RV,s touring the UK so they are not a rare site in the UK.their is one main differance that we have in the UK, it is that we have to tow our fifth wheel with a volvo truck as we dont have any of the big pick up trucks over here that you have in the USA and uk law would not allow us to. the dealer (Bates RV tampa)that sold us the heartland has not offered us any support since he sold it to us .we had a few things missing from the trailer when it reached the UK (remote control for surround sound and all the paper work and manuals) we tried emailing for the missing stuff but just got ignored.that is when i joined the Heartland forum and happy days since then, thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice .I often read threads to solve problems myself or take for instance last year the heating remote sensor went wrong i asked the factory to help, Scott Tuttle and Randy Denton + team solved my problem and i had the part i needed within a week .the factory have been nothing short of marvellous and because they have been so good i will be definitely buying from them again my next fifth wheel will be a heartland.our next RV vacation is soon we will be going to Scotland for christmas but sadly as we are only going for two days because of work commitments we will not be taking our heartland , we will be staying with my parents in their Teton Scottsdale as they will already be in scotland .I will try and post some photo,s of our trip if i can.
well as they say "thats all folks"
merry christmas and a happy new year to you Jim and all on the Heartland forum
Heidi & Dennis

Last edited:

heidi72

Hello Jim and everyone on the forum
Happy new year from the UK
here are some photo,s from our recent outing to Scotland.
This picture is of my mother and fathers Teton in Scotland
I thought I would show you how we tow our RV,s in the UK.
There is also a picture of next doors palace by design towed by a similar
rig.
Hope you had a nice Christmas
Kind regards
Heidi and Dennis

Attachments

• Picture rv 001.jpg
    Picture rv 001.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture rv 002.jpg
    Picture rv 002.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Heidi and Dennis,

Thanks for sharing pics of what others in the UK are RVing with. My gosh, what is that Palace on Wheels? It enormous. What is it's length and who is the manufacturer?

Also, here again, just curious - how was your RV transported to the UK? By ship of course but was it some sort of auto transport ship?

Take care,

Jim

heidi72

the ship that brought our trailer over on was a huge it was an auto transport ship their were lots of decks and it had every sort of vehicle you can imagine on it.
it left jacksonville florida then docked in hamburg in germany before docking in southampton where they got our trailer off and at least 6 other R V,s.
the palace by design is made by recreation by design it was at least 45ft long and had 5 slide outs
many thanks
Heidi

K

Ken Washington

Heidi,
Please post more pictures! That is one big trailer. Ain't no pickup going to pull that unit! Nice to have you on the forum!

Ken

heidi72

with these palace by design i think you can have your own design (within reason) .
their is an agent for these R Vs in the uk,
I did,nt go in this one for a look and as i am no longer in scotland i cant take anymore pictures sorry.
many thanks
Heidi