Dexter Axle Recall

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I was pretty excited when I found out our new Grand Canyon came with Dexter axles and suspension. I considered that a step up from the Trail Air suspension. HOWEVER, I just received a letter from Dexter that my axles may have cracks in the spindle weld which could cause the spindle to detach from the axle tube. We all know what can happen then... I had to crawl under the trailer today and note the axle serial numbers and sent that info to Dexter. Hopefully, mine aren't part of the bad batch that made it out of the factory. Can't wait to hear back from them.

noobee

At least Dexter informed you that there might be a problem with the axles. Not like those other guys (starts with L) that deny that there are serious problems with their products.

Hope yours aren't part of the bad batch.
CS

davebennington

Good thing that they are notifying people of a problem, that is a responsable company.

Glad to hear yours is not on the recall list.

Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Excitement to oh-no, now what. What a bummer! At least you are being notified that there's a problem and can get it fixed ASAP.

boatto5er

Got a reply back from Dexter today. My axles are not included in the recall, so I'm a happy camper again. By the way, excellent customer service and speedy response on their part.

robnmo

Does anyone happen to know if there's a link to the recall anyplace so others can check on their axles?

boatto5er

No recall link. I received a letter from them. If you are the original owner of your Cyclone, they would have sent you a notice if your axles were manufactured during the short window where there was a potential problem. That being said, you can try this email: DSchrock@dexteraxle.com

Don't tell her I sent you though!