Rockport or Fredericksburg, Texas this Winter??

GOTTOYS

Planning on getting out of the cold for a couple months later this Winter. We visited The Hill Country last Spring and really liked it but have heard a lot of good things about the Rockport, area as well. Never been there. What's your opinion? Thanks..Don :confused:

jimtoo

Rockport area is really nice. Lots of good parks. Lots of fishing and several good places to eat. Usually a little warmer than the Hill country, very seldom does it ever freeze. We love both areas, but we live about midway between both places.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've been near Rockport but not stayed there. We spent 3 winters in Corpus Christi. We would visit Port Aransas, Aransas Pass and Rockport fairly regular. Like Jim says, nice area. plenty of good eating places and plenty to do. Last winter wasn't that warm I heard. We'll be in the RGV this winter. There is a fair number of Heartlanders in South TX for the winter.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don & Kathy, did anyone mention plenty of good places to eat near Rockport? We stayed a month there last winter. It is a bit cooler than the RGV. This year we will be staying in Aransas Pass, just down the road from Rockport, from mid Feb till mid Mar. We like the area.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I was having a hard time finding a spot at a fairly well rated park in the area. Most be a very popular place to go. We decided to go to Ingram, Texas which is near Fredericksburg on the recommendation of a couple we met at the Iowa rally (Sorry don't remember your name). We checked it out on their website and it looks great. We got a spot for Feb. and Mar. and I can't wait to go. Getting a few warranty concerns resolved then it's on to some new tires, a TPS setup and a Mor/Ryde hitchbox. Then I'll be broke for sure....but smiling! Thanks for the advice. Don

rick_debbie_gallant

This will be our third winter in Rockport/Fulton. Nice towns, great people, lots of places to eat. Lots of wildlife, (animals not people). Great fishing. We love it.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
This is our first winter in TX, we're in Fredericksburg and really enjoying it. Great people, lots of cool places to eat and there seems to be something interesting going on all the time. Never RV'd in the Rockport area but it is probably a few degrees warmer than here in FB. If you like the water then I'd say Rockport, in not FB is quite a nice place to winter and the weather has been very good. If you plan on FB I'd get reservations ASAP as the parks seem to be filling fast (I'm sure it's the same anywhere in south Texas).

Ray LeTourneau

This is our first winter in TX, we're in Fredericksburg and really enjoying it. Great people, lots of cool places to eat and there seems to be something interesting going on all the time. Never RV'd in the Rockport area but it is probably a few degrees warmer than here in FB. If you like the water then I'd say Rockport, in not FB is quite a nice place to winter and the weather has been very good. If you plan on FB I'd get reservations ASAP as the parks seem to be filling fast (I'm sure it's the same anywhere in south Texas).
Since you've brought it up, we'll be staying in Fredericksburg right after the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville. We'll be at the KOA starting the 20th of Feb for a month.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Welcome to FB, not familiar with the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville. If you don't mind post some info on it. We're in the Fredericksburg RV Park until the first of March or maybe later. Hopefully we'll se ya around FB.

GOTTOYS

We have a reservation for Ingram TX for Feb. and Mar. It's 10 miles down the road from the Sweetheart Rally. Will we be able to get a a pass to attend the rally without having our trailer there? We visited Fredericksberg, last Spring in April and got to see the Bluebonnets up north of there. Blue flowers as far as we could see. Unbelievable! The locals said it was the best they had seen in 30 years. As we drove through the countryside we were expecting to see John Wayne, come riding up on a horse. Never saw country like that in my life. Don't miss it if you have the chance.....Don

Ray LeTourneau

Welcome to FB, not familiar with the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville. If you don't mind post some info on it. We're in the Fredericksburg RV Park until the first of March or maybe later. Hopefully we'll se ya around FB.
Here is a LINK to the website for the Sweetheart Rally.

jimtoo

We have a reservation for Ingram TX for Feb. and Mar. It's 10 miles down the road from the Sweetheart Rally. Will we be able to get a a pass to attend the rally without having our trailer there? We visited Fredericksberg, last Spring in April and got to see the Bluebonnets up north of there. Blue flowers as far as we could see. Unbelievable! The locals said it was the best they had seen in 30 years. As we drove through the countryside we were expecting to see John Wayne, come riding up on a horse. Never saw country like that in my life. Don't miss it if you have the chance.....Don

I'll bet you can join in on the Sweetheart Rally fun...register and let Larry Ulmer know about not bringing your unit.

And if you didn't see Mr. John Wayne...you were looking the wrong way.. he rides all over the hill country. You also need to go out to Bracketville, Tx..... talk about a town with history.

Have a great winter in Texas.

Jim M