PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, ELKO - 3/4/2011 to 3/6/2011

Randy
10-17-2010, 10:14 AM
305 HIGHWAY 26 EAST, ELKO, GA 31025
Venue:
------------------------------

GEORGIA SPRING RALLY
305 HIGHWAY 26 EAST
ELKO, GA 31025
LISA 478-987-9361
www.twinoaksrvpark.com/ (http://www.twinoaksrvpark.com/)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $22 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 3/4 & 3/5/2011
Potluck time: 6:00 PM

Event Leader: Randy(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1108)

Additional Info:
[LEFT]Santha and I would like you to join us for the first Georgia rally. Twin Oaks park is just south of
Perry Ga. at exit 127. We visited the park this weekend. Most of the sites are pull through. The
park was very clean and neat. If we have enough Georgia owners join us we will have use of
the clubhouse.
This event is open to all Heartland owners and Santha and I would love to have friends that we have
already met and new friends that we have not met join us. We reserved 25 spaces and the cut-off
for reservations is the Feb 15th 2011. Contact Lisa at the campground to make your reservations
and let her know you are with the Heartland rally.
A list of things to do and see are on the CG web site so you will not be bored.
We are now going to have a potluck on both Friday the 4th and Saturday the fifth. I have made arrangements with Lisa and they are going to cook us a ham and turkey for Friday evening.
The ham and turkey will be the entree for Friday. We will just have to bring side dishes and
DESERTS for Friday. I swore off sweets except at rally's. Saturday we are going to have a
regular rally potluck. Santha is suggesting that you either PM or email us with 2 to 3 items
that you would like to prepare for each meal. We will kind of organize the potlucks and let you
know in plenty of time. We are planning on coffee and donuts on Sunday so we can all say
goodbye. UPDATE Randy Goodwin from Campers Inn is going to provide doughnuts for us on
Saturday and a 10% parts discount on parts. See post 88 for info.
Rally List
Archie & Barbara
Cecil & Sherry
Randy & Santha
Marv & Karen
Jerry & Mary
Dave & Julie
Jim Belitti
Eric & Dorothy
Joe & Linda
John & Judy
Bill & Sue
Jerry & Lily
Alan & Anne
Mickey & Bonnie
Dick & Reta
Alan & Anne

davebennington
10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Randy,

We will try our best to be there.

How many do you need in order to use the club house?

Dave

Gator
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
We are planning on being there.

Randy
10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Dave, I think the club house will not be an issue. Be glad to have you and Julie there. I have talked to several other people that plan on attending.

Dick and Sandra, It looks like a 30 minute drive from your house. We will be tickled to meet you and Sandra.
Randy & Santha

MICKEY
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Randy;
I have scheduled these dates on my calendar to come to your event. If the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Also I'm going to encourage more Floridians to do so. Looking forward to seeing you again and would love to check out that telescope if able.

Randy
10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Mickey, Looking forward to seeing you and Bonnie again. That CG is covered in trees but
I will bring the scope with me. Randy

Stinger381
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm going to add this to my Calendar as well and try to make it !

Randy
11-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Stinger, Be glad to have you have join us in Elko. Looking forward to meeting you. Randy

gpolac
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
RE: Event: Heartland GA chapter Rally: We will try hard to make it should know soon!

archbarb
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Archie & I signed up last week...looking forward to meeting everyone!
Barb

C&S Christopher
11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Randy,

Looking forward to meeting everyone this will be our first chapter rally.

Cecil and Sherry

Big Horn 3670 RL

Randy
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Glad to see that the ball is now rolling. Archie and Barb, Cecil and Sherry Glad you have signed up.
gpolac hope you can make it. I have several PM,s from other people hoping to attend. When you
register with Lisa at Twin Oaks post on this thread so I can add you to the list. Randy

ATLJOHN
11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Randy
We will try to make this. It would be great to meet other Heartland owners.

John

Randy
11-28-2010, 09:45 PM
John, Come to the rally. Santha and I went to our first in 2007 at Myrtle Beach in 2007 and we
are sure that once you start meeting the Heartland owners you will be a rallyhalocic. Randy

jimecampbellusa
11-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Randy,DW and I would love to meet other Heartlander's in the spring rally.
Do we need to be a Ga. chapter member to attend?

Randy
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Jim, You are now a official Georgia Chapter member. Would love to have you and Sharon Attend.
Call Lisa and make reservation's and then let me know. Randy has to be a great dog. Randy

jbeletti
11-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi Jim and Sharon,

Looking forward to meeting you both at the GA rally!

When you are ready to join the club, follow this link (//heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php).

See ya in Elko.

Jim

davebennington
11-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi Jim and Sharon,

Look forward to meeting you at the GA rally.

If you enjoy meeting and sharing with fellow Heartland owners try to make it to the East Coast Regional Rally in Cherokee,NC. It will be at the Cherokee KOA April 29, 30 and May 1 2011.

Dave & Julie

kerryb
11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Will check with my wife and try to be there.
Kerry B
Newnan GA

Randy
11-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Kerry, I know that you have check with the wife but you need to let her Know who is the boss is.
Santha said it was okay to have the rally in Elko. I agreed. Call Lisa and reserve a site. Randy

kerryb
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
She said we could go. Do we make reservations through the campground?

Randy
12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Kerry, You need to contact Lisa at the campground and make your reservations.
I am glad the boss said it was okay. Let me know that you made reservations.

jnclevel
12-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Mary and I and Koda, our mini Schnauzer, will be in attendance. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Randy
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
jnclevel, I will add you to the list. Glad to have You, Mary, and Koda attend.
Santha and I are looking forward to it. Randy
P.S. Post a reply with your first name please.

SmokeyBare
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Randy,

Please put us in the count as well. Karen & I look forward to attending the Georgia Rally !

Randy
12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Marv, I will add you and karen to the list. It will be good to see you and Karen again.
Are you and Karen going to be around the Norcross area before the Rally.
Let me know and we will get together. Randy

SmokeyBare
12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Randy,

We will be in the Norcross area for Christmas week. We'll spend the Christmas time with our Grandkids, Daughter & Son-N-Law. From there we head to Canyon Lake RV Park in Mission Texas for January & February, coming back in time for the Rally in Elko Georgia.

I could be in at Elko earlier if there is any help needed to get things ready for the Rally. We'll be parked at Jones RV Park, off I-85 (Indian Trail Exit) around the 18 of December... good Lord willing. :) Want to do lunch? :) Karen & I would enjoy the chance too.

Randy
12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Marv, lets try to meet for lunch or dinner that week. Santha is trying to arrange a time. Randy

Randy
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Marv, I received your contact info. Santha is thinking about the 22nd for possibly a lunch. Randy

SmokeyBare
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Randy,

Karen and I look forward to the Lunch with you both. If you won't mind, I'll ask you to select the location. As many times as we visit the area we still don't have a good handle on all the Restaurants. There's so many !! See you & Santha on the 22 !!

Thank You, Marv

kerryb
12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I've made reservations with Lisa. See you guys in March.
Kerry and Chantell

Randy
12-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Kerry, I have added you and Chantell to the list. Looking forward to meeting you and Chantell. Randy

davebennington
12-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Randy,

We made our reservations with Lisa and we will be arriving on the 3rd.

Dave & Julie

Randy
12-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Dave, We plan on arriving on the third also. Santha and I plan on having lunch with Marv and Karen next week.
They also plan on being there early. It would be nice for all of the early arrival folks to schedule something. Randy

jbeletti
12-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Count me in for early fun. Arriving on 2nd or 3rd. guess I need to get my reservations made!

Jim

Randy
12-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Jim and Dave, I just checked with Santha and she said we were arriving late on the 2nd.
We will leave Atlanta about 2:30 on Wednesday. Jim, will add your name to the list.
Randy

Flying Dutchman
12-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Randy, just made our reservations at Twin Oaks:). We will arrive Thursday 3/3. So looking forward to joining the Georgia clan, our Heartland family continues to grow.

Randy
12-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Eric, I appreciate that you and Dorothy are joining us at the first Georgia rally.
We are looking forward to meeting you Dorothy. I will add you and Dorothy
to the list. Randy

SmokeyBare
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Randy & Santha,

Karen and I enjoyed our visit with You both today. Thanks very much. Lunch was very good and the company was even better !! So nice to catch up since the Nashville Rally.

We look forward to the Georgia Chapter Rally at the Twin Oaks RV Park in Elko GA. March 4-6, 2011. It will be a FUN weekend with you and all of our Heartland Family that can make it there. It will be a great time to Kick Start of another year of camping, what better way to find some relief from the winter time blues or cabin fever that hits us all about that time of year. Karen & I plan on being there around the March 2 or 3, we'll be leaving from Mission Texas.

Time for those who are thinking about going to Georgia Chapter's first Rally of Heartland Owners make the call and mark your calendar.

When: 3/4/2011 to 3/6/2011

Where: Twin Oaks RV Park, 305 HIGHWAY 26 EAST, ELKO, GA 31025

http://www.twinoaksrvpark.com/

Phone: LISA @ 478-987-9361

Randy
12-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Marv, Just got home. Santha and I had a great time at lunch today. Yes, I did have to
go back to work. We are so looking forward to seeing you and Karen At Elko in March.
Give the family a hug for us and keep us posted. Randy

ATLJOHN
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Randy
We have made our booking today for Mar 4-6. This will be our first Heatland rally. We are looking forward to meeting other Heatland product owners.

See you all there.

John and Judy

Randy
01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
John, You and Judy are going to meet some very nice people. If you go to one Heartland Rally you are hooked.
You and Judy might as well register for the Eastern Regional Rally in Cherokee for April. Will add you and Judy
to the list. Can't wait to meet you and Judy. Randy

SmokeyBare
01-12-2011, 02:33 PM
With all the Cold Weather were having, are you getting Cabin Fever yet??!?!

Maybe a diversion from olé' man Winter's Cold, Ice & Snow is just whats needed.

Making plans for the 2011 Camping season is a great way to distract us from Cabin Fever.

There's just 50 Days left until the Georgia Chapter of Heartland Owners Rally at Twin Oaks RV Park, Elko Georgia.

Write it on the calendar and make a call to Twin Oaks RV Park - (478)-987-9361 so Lisa will know your coming.

Then post here so Randy gets your name on the list.

Marv

Randy
01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Marv, I am pretty sure that I saw you and Karen escaping the Atlanta area heading south the monday after
Xmas. I was heading north on the connector and saw a Bighorn and 3500 Chevrolet going south and the driver
sure resembled you. I thought about calling you on your cell, But not a good idea in Atl traffic.
Are you in Texas or did you and Karen end up in Arizona already? The cabin fever is running strong.
Can"t wait to see you and karen again and the new members that have signed up for the georgia rally.
Randy

Gizzy
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Just finished making reservations with Twin Oaks. This will be the first rally for Lily and me. We are looking forward it. We plan to get there Thursday PM.

Randy
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Jerry & Lily, I am glad that you made the decision to join us. We will have a good time.
Looking forward to meeting you. Hoping to have a few more from Alabama join us.
Randy

Randy
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
I just received a pm from Bill & Sue out of Savannah and they plan on attending.
We are going to have fun. Randy

GETnBYE
01-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Really wish we could make it, but Wayne has to work. I am trying to talk him into trading the days with someone so that we can meet some Ga neighbors and also meet some fellow Alabama Heartlanders. Have fun without us. Boo
Nita

Randy
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Anita, You need to let Wayne know who the boss is. Santha taught me years ago
I wish that the two of you could join us. Randy

Randy
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I received a pm from Gator that he and his better half Sandra will attend the Rally.
Looking forward to the Rally and meeting new freinds. Randy

MICKEY
01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Randy;

Did you get my confirmation on being at your rally. Bonnie and I are going to be there, Friday. See you soon.

Randy
01-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Randy;

Did you get my confirmation on being at your rally. Bonnie and I are going to be there, Friday. See you soon.

I have know. Will see you and Bonnie on Friday. Can,t wait to see the truck. You have been added
to the list. Glad to see the Florida rally is filling up. Randy

SouthernNights
01-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Randy and Santha,

Just called Lisa and we will be there on Thursday March 3rd.

Looking forward to it.

jbeletti
01-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Just got off the phone with Lisa. Made my reservation. I am arriving Thu, 3-Mar and leaving Mon, 7-Mar (4 nights). I was placed in site 1.

See y'all there!

Jim

Randy
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Larry and Samantha, Great to see you two again

Jim, I am not going to tell the poodles you are coming. Randy

hillsonwheels
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Well........just couldn't stand the pressure! We'll be arriving on 3 MAR. As van Opstal sez........this rally stuff can be addictive!

Dick

Randy
01-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Dick & Reta, Santha and I are tickled that you are going to join us.
Glad to see you two again. Will add you to the list. Randy

billnsue
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Randy, I wonder if you have a count on the number of rigs that will be at the rally?
Looks to be a great turnout from all the posts!

jbeletti
01-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Bill and Sue,

There are 15 rigs attending. They are all listed in post number 1 of this thread. See you there :)

Jim

billnsue
01-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Oops, I hadn't realized that list was being modified.

Thank You!

atlal
02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I decided that since I am a Heartland owner that lives in Georgia, I should attend the first Georgia rally. Actually, I was waiting to see if I would be in the state that weekend. I still have a job that takes priority. I just made a reservation for 3/4-3/6, but I'm hoping to get there a day sooner. See you all there. Alan & Anne

Randy
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Alan & Anne, Santha and I are excited that you are joining us for the first Georgia Rally.
If you two can get arrive on the third we can possibly talk Lisa into letting us use the
clubhouse for three evenings. There are several of us going to be there on the third.
Randy

clubmgr
02-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Randy and Santha,

The first official Georgia rally is less than 2 months away. Yipee!! I hope spring will be on it's way by then. Looks as tho' there will be a great turnout with some old, make that recognizable, faces and some new. That's what rallies are all about meeting new people. Can't wait to see you (and the poodles) again.

Randy
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Julie, Santha and I are excited about the first rally for Georgia and the
number of new people also. Old freinds will meet new freinds.
Can"t wait to see you and Dave at the rally. Randy

billnsue
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
3 weeks to the Rally! I sure hope it warms up ;)

Randy
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Bill, You and Sue are living in the land of palm trees in Savannah.
You need to bring the heat to the rally. Randy

billnsue
02-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Ahhhhh one more thing not to forget!
Will do our best Randy...

Randy
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Since Bill & Sue are bringing the warm weather that problem is solved. Every one that is attending I would
like you to visit the opening page of the thread. I have just posted some new information about the rally.
Santha and I are thinking by organizing the potlucks it will really help having balanced food choice.
Randy & Santha

8paws
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Randy and Santha,
This will be our first rally with the Heartland Chapter. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Were not sure if this is where you post this, but thought we would give it a try. We want to be part of the Potluck, so any organizing of food will be a good move. What should we bring? Should we know anything else about the Rally? Can we help out in any way?
Joe and Linda - 8Paws

Randy
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Joe and Linda, I will add you to the list. Since Lisa at the campground is going to cook
a ham and turkey for us on Friday we are thinking side dishes and desserts on Friday.
Saturday we will need entrees, side dishes and desserts. Choose any three dishes that
you like to make each night and send me a PM. Santha is going to make the choices and we
wiil send you a Pm. Glad you two are joining us at the Rally. Randy

pastorphil
02-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Randy, thank you for the quick response. We will get in touch with the park in the morning and make the reservations.
what is the theme for the potluck? or is there one.

pastorphil
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I guess that I should have read the messages first. I see that the dinner friday is set for the main course anyway.
Carol wants to know if there is anything that you are short on for the dinners.

billnsue
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Randy;163888]Since Bill & Sue are bringing the warm weather that problem is solved."

We can only hope the weather is as nice the first weekend of March as it is today! Spring fever is upon us. And thanks Randy for having Sue and I responsible for the warm weather, no pressure ;)
We sure are looking forward to meeting everyone.

pastorphil
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi Randy,
Carol and I registered at the park today and we will be going in on the 27th for the week. Have you got any ideas on what to bring for side dishes.

Randy
02-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi Randy,
Carol and I registered at the park today and we will be going in on the 27th for the week. Have you got any ideas on what to bring for side dishes.

Phil, I just sent you a pm. Randy

Randy
02-18-2011, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Randy;163888]Since Bill & Sue are bringing the warm weather that problem is solved."

We can only hope the weather is as nice the first weekend of March as it is today! Spring fever is upon us. And thanks Randy for having Sue and I responsible for the warm weather, no pressure ;)
We sure are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bill, I hope you have broad shoulders to bring this kind of weather to the rally.
It has been in the 70's here the last two day's. Randy

Randy
02-19-2011, 08:07 PM
To the people that are planning to attend the Georgia rally. We are going to have two
potluck dinners. The one on Friday will have the entree cooked by Twin Oaks which is
a ham and a turkey. We will only need to bring side dishes, salads or desserts.
The Saturday meal we as a group will have to provide everything. Santha and I would
like you to send us 3 choices for each night. Friday would just be side dishes, salads
and desserts.
Saturday would be the normal potluck with main dishes and the sides. Please let us
know as we at only 2 weeks away. You will get a quick Reply. Randy

Randy
02-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Georgia Rally Attendees, This thread will list the potluck items for the meals and names
Friday potluck Saturday potluck
Marv & Karen Broccoli Salad - Sausage & Sauerkraut
Bill & Sue Potato Salad - Dump Cake
John & Judy Corn - Pork Roast
Santha & Randy Cheese cake - Chicken Alfredo casserole
Dave & Julie Green bean Casserole - Dessert
Eric & Dorothy Scalloped Potatoes - Ham & vegetable casserole
Joe & Linda Green salad - Cabbage & ground round casserloe
Archie & Barbara - Chess pies - Beefguignon Baklava
Alan & Anne Veggie platter - Smoked wild salmon with cheese & crackers.

kerryb
02-21-2011, 12:34 PM
As luck would have it, we're not going to be able to make it. We've bought a new house and closing is set for that Friday. We couldn't change the date.
Kerry and Chantell

Randy
02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
As luck would have it, we're not going to be able to make it. We've bought a new house and closing is set for that Friday. We couldn't change the date.
Kerry and Chantell

Kerry & Chantell, Congratualtions on the new house. Sorry you two can't make it.
Hopefully we will get together at the fall Rally. Randy

jnclevel
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Mary and I made our reservations in December. I don't know which site was resedrved for us but we will be there on Thursday with our dog Koda. Looking forward to meeting everyone since we are new members.

jnclevel
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Randy, soory for the omission. My first name is Jerry.

Randy
02-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Jerry, You and Mary have been added to the list. Welcome to the first Georgia Rally
Santha and I are looking forward to meeting you next week. Randy

dbylinski
02-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Randy & Santha,

Next week we'll be busy picking up our new rig.... so....

Wishing you the best of luck with your first Georgia Rally! Have fun and enjoy!

8paws
02-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Georgia Rally Attendees, This thread will list the potluck items for the meals and names
Friday potluck Saturday potluck
Marv & Karen Broccoli Salad - Sausage & Sauerkraut
Bill & Sue Potato Salad - Dump Cake
John & Judy Nothing yet - Pork Roast
Santha & Randy Cheese cake - Chicken Alfredo casserole
Dave & Julie Green bean Casserole - Dessert
Eric & Dorothy Scalloped Potatoes - Ham & vegetable casserole
Joe and Linda Green Salad with all the trimmings - Cabbage and Ground Round Casserole

Randy
02-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Debbie, Since the the two of you are picking up a new rig the only
common since think to do is transfer your belongings and head south to the
Georgia rally. The new rig is making me jealous. Enjoy. Randy

Randy
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Joe and Linda Green Salad with all the trimmings - Cabbage and Ground Round Casserole

Joe, Will add your and Linda items to the potluck list. Less than a week now. Randy

Randy
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Georgia Rally members, I was contacted by Randy Goodwin from Campers Inn
of Macon- Bryon yesterday. He will be at the Twin Oaks RV Park Saturday
morning at 8:30 with doughnuts. He is also offering a 10% VIP parts and
accessories to the rally attendees. Thank you Randy Goodwin.
Randy
P.S. Campers Inn is located at I75 exit 149

billnsue
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
:(Randy, looks like you put the wrong folks to be in charge of the weather :(
But we will try and bring a little sunshine :cool: and I'm sure a little rain won't dampen our spirits!

Randy
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
:(Randy, looks like you put the wrong folks to be in charge of the weather :(
But we will try and bring a little sunshine :cool: and I'm sure a little rain won't dampen our spirits!

Bill looks like you and Sue are doing a great weather job. In the upper 60's to low 70's
through this weekend. A liitle rain possible Friday or Saturday. We arrived about 5:30
and it is georgeous here. The pears are beautiful. See you Friday. Randy

jbeletti
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
It was 75 here in Crossville, TN today. I'll try to drag a bit of that with me. See you late afternoon/early evening on Thursday.

Jim

MICKEY
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Randy;

I've been so busy I haven't been able to read your site. I can bring cole slaw, and a dessert for Friday night. Saturday I can bring a pot of pinto beans and fried chicken for dinner.

Mickey

SmokeyBare
03-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Randy,

We are stuck for the time being in Montgomery Alabama. I hope to hear from the shop this afternoon that the work is finished... but its 12:00 PM and we have not yet gotten a call. We are about 3 1/2 hours out from Elko GA... so keep the Light on for us... I've already called the Campground so they know we could be delayed as well. Wish us Good Luck !! We'll be there if we can...

Randy
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Mickey and Bonnie, Santha said that would work.
Marv is there anything I can do? My cell is 404-245-4934. Good luck, Randy

SmokeyBare
03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Randy,

Thank you for the offer... The repairs are well under way and we are shooting for noon on Friday to get back on the road. Wish me luck !

Randy
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Marv, Will expect to see you this afternoon. Randy

jbeletti
03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I am bringing a Mixed Vegetables dish for tonight's (Friday) potluck and Sloppy Joes for Saturday night's potluck.

See you at the feedings!

Jim

SmokeyBare
03-04-2011, 09:16 PM
The PotLuck dinner was awsome !!! Thanks to everyone who supplied a dish !!
Thanks to Twin Oaks RV Park for providing the Baked Ham and Turkey. They were very good !

Sure glad we made it to the Rally in time !! :)
I'm stuffed and ready for my lazy boy chair.

Marv

2psnapod2
03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Marv, sorry to hear you had some problems in Montgomery, AL. We live just north of there of I65. Wish we where there and could of help you out. If needed that is. Can I ask if it was you RV or something else? Kinda wondering about the dealership if it was your RV. Michael

jbeletti
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Gotta echo Marv's comments - the potluck was awesome!

After doing a bunch of tours of the demo coach, I wandered over to Dick Hill's place to inspect his work on his latest RV mod. I signed off on it :)

Back here at the RV like Marv, in the recliner, TV on, laptop open and doing my thing.

Jim

floridarandy
03-04-2011, 11:07 PM
hope you all have a great time in georgia. karen and i are are living vicariously this weekend camping at fort desoto about 45 minutes east of the florida rally next weekend... with friends from sarasota. beautiful evening here...smoking a nice cigar and sipping a nice scotch tonite after karen and others are asleep. here till monday and then taking the sundance to lazy days service for its annual service on monday. leaving it there until we come up on friday for the rally. see you all next weekend. ck out our blog for pics of this weekend at 5thwheelcamping.wordpress.com. safe travels to all.

randy and karen

SouthernNights
03-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Randy,

Hope you guys have a great rally. Wish we could have made it and the Fl. rally.

The potluck sounded great along with the fellowship that goes along with having so many wonderful people together.

Enjoy the weekend!!!!!!

ATLJOHN
03-05-2011, 08:05 AM
We had a great time last night at the pot luck and meeting the great members of HOG. Randy thanks for putting together the rally. The food and dessert was great Judy actually broke her 17 day diet for all the food and especially the deserts.

Looking forward to tonights pot luck.

It was nice to meet you Jim B.

John and Judy

caokgafamily
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
We been real busy this year and I wish we could have been there for the whole rally, The DW and I are going to come down for a couple of hours this morning.
Steve

SmokeyBare
03-05-2011, 09:35 AM
2psnapod, Michael,

I sent you a Email... to answer your question.

Thank You very much for the kindness and your offer to have helped.

Its folks like you... Our Heartland Family members... who make our Full Time RV Lifestyle so enjoyable.

Thanks again... Marv

davebennington
03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
So far the rally has gone well and the potluck dinner was very good. Randy and Santha have put forth a nice rally, all tho I would like it a bit warmer and the rain has not been that bad. We have met quite a few first time rally goers as well as the rally-ahloics who are at every rally, you cannot attend a rally anymore without stepping on one.

Pictures will be posted later when I can sit down and sort through them.

Dave

caokgafamily
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
It was great meeting some of the people at the rally. It was also great meeting Jim B. Wow is all me and DW can say about Jim's San Antonio Landmark, Thanks for the tour Jim.

We will have to start checking out the rallies. Have fun ya'll and stay dry.

Steve

davebennington
03-05-2011, 10:05 PM
What a great time!!! Good food (way to much) LOL. I have attached a couple of pictures here I will post the rest on the Heartland Owners Gallery (link) (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=46586). Can you believe that the grand prize was a generator!!!! I could have used that one my self.

Dave

SouthernNights
03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
That thing is big enough to be a neighborhood back up power plant!
What a great prize. Really wish we had been able to be with you guys.

boatto5er
03-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Looking at the group picture, it appears that "Run, Dave, Run" didn't work!

jbeletti
03-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Randy and Santha,

What a great time at the first Georgia rally! Thank you!

Jim

Randy
03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I thought that it would be easy to make a short reply to all of the kind things that
have been said. Santha and I only arranged the location and schedule. The people
that joined us made the Rally.
I want to thank Peco Campers in Tucker Georgia for most of the door prizes. I also
want to thank Dick Gore's RV World in Savannah and Bill & Sue Billington for the
generator donation. Bill & Sue also donated some weekend camping certifacates
to the KOA south in Savannah which they manage. Bill goes after door prizes with a
gun. Thank you Bill & Sue. I also want to thank Randy Goodwin of Campers Inn of
Byron, Georgia for providing us with donuts on Saturday morning.
I would not have been able to pull this off without Santha and I also thank her.
Randy & Santha

archbarb
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Barb and I both had a GREAT time at the "First Heartland Georgia Rally". We enjoyed meeting and talking with all the great folks that were there. Every time we go to a function like this, we leave with so much knowledge and experience that we learned while there. The weather wasn't the best but the great food made up for the inconvenience.

We want to give a big thank you to Randy & Santha for their time in putting together this event.

Archie & Barb

davebennington
03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Randy,

You and Santha done good. Now get to work and start planning the next rally, we are all waiting to see what you two come up with next.

Dave & Julie

MICKEY
03-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Randy and Santha,
We had a great time. Lots of laughs for all. looking forward to the next time. See ya soon.

Flying Dutchman
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Thank you Santha and Randy for a great and memorable rally. We enjoyed ourselves, and our Heartland family just continues to grow. Hope to see you both again real soon.

Gizzy
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Randy and Santha,

Thank you for for a wonderful time and making our first rally very enjoyable. We met so many great people and ate lots of terrific food. Looking forward to once again seeing those that are also going to Goshen.

billnsue
03-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Randy and Santha, Sue and I wanted to thank you and the entire chapter for a fantastic time. We would be hard pressed to find a better group of folks to get away with!
We are looking forward to meeting you all again hopefully in the near future.
And Randy, as far as the "Gun" goes, I am the only one that knows for sure if it was loaded or not :)

Again, thank you all for a great time.

Randy
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Santha and I thank you for all the kind words. Bill, it doesn't matter if the gun
was loaded or not. Thank you and Sue for a great door prize.
Okay it is now time to look at the new Rally's here in the south. It would be
nice to meet new found freinds at the Eastern Regional Rally the last weekend of
April at Cherokee, N.C. or the joint South, North Carolina Rally at Rutherfordton.
Also do not forget that Mickey & Bonnie are having the first Florida Rally this
weekend.
Santha and I will be at the Rutherfordton Rally as the four Poodles demanded it.
We are going to try to make it to Cherokee but it might be a one night event for us.
Now that a lot of people from Georgia attended the first Rally and had a good time I
hope that the tradition will continue. Randy

hillsonwheels
03-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I hate it when folks get there first and say all the good things! :eek: KUDO's to you and Santha! Your first effort was special enuff that most of us who were there will "more'n apt" try 'er again when you send out the next call for attendees!

As they say back home........"ya'll done good!"

Keep smilin' and safe travelin'........

Randy
03-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Dick, Thanks for the support. You and Reta joining us helped to make the
Rally fun. It wouldn't be a Heartland Rally without You And Reta.
Thank You. Randy