Any experiences with Ordering a Cyclone

tkeller37

We are seriously considering upgrading to a TH. However, I don't want to be limited to what is on the dealer lot. In my experience, they are never just what we want. Would appreciate any comments from anyone who has special ordered a Cyclone. Pros and cons are welcome.

thibideau

This is for the TH.
We purchased a new 3010 this past April and love it. We didn't order the bunks in the garage as it's just the two of us plus dog. The garage gives us the freedom to take our Rhino UTV or dinghy and motor, or both. When not hauling the toys, the garage serves as an extra room - office, dining, living room. This is the first unit we have owned and would be purchase again - you bet we would. Our dealer in Ontario have some larger models on site as well, but the 3010 suited our needs. Good luck with your decision.

trackeer

We have a 3814 on order through RV Wholesalers, I am not sure what con's other than you can't have it today there would be!!!

Pro's;

U get the RV U want your way!
No sitting around the lot on display!
Price compatable to in stock Units!
(Adjusting for Options of Course)
Did I mention U can order it the way U want!

Con's

Waiting just Plan S--Ks:(.

Moe in NH

robnmo

We have a 3814 on order through RV Wholesalers, I am not sure what con's other than you can't have it today there would be!!!

Pro's;

U get the RV U want your way!
No sitting around the lot on display!
Price compatable to in stock Units!
(Adjusting for Options of Course)
Did I mention U can order it the way U want!

Con's

Waiting just Plan S--Ks:(.

Moe in NH

I TOLD YA ;)

We also opted to not go with something on the lot, but then again our model wasn't on the lot yet, we just happened to see the new model at a nearby dealer on our way to buy another brand.

Like the others, we ordered it with what we wanted/needed and didn't want/need and the price was adjusted accordingly, and actually cheaper than the one at the nearby dealer...........it had things we didn't want, so to us why buy something you won't use or would rather have a little different. But also like that other impatient guy ;);) said, the biggest con is the waiting, it gets pretty painful to wait a few weeks but it's WORTH EVERY MINUTE. :D

(Moe...........you need to do a pool with dates, closest pick wins, I'm saying Thurs 28th) :D

Detmer

I ordered mine. You get exactly what you want. I would suggest to try and get hold of the factory option list. Some dealers don't even know what is and is not available in a particular model. See if you can locate your area's factory rep. I was lucky and met mine at a RV show.
Once you know exactly what you want you can then shop various dealers and do some price comparisons. You would be surprised.

porthole

Retired
Ordered ours and would do it again. At time of our purchase it was actually less expensive to order then to buy something off the lot. The dealer just had too much tied up in floor plan and such to sell the units at a decent price.

truknutt

Committed Member
Ordered our 2009 3210 while at the Hershey Show in 2007. Would do it again, given the chance. We got exactly what we asked for. I agree with Detmer that having the option list available would have been a huge benefit, but we are happy so far!

trackeer

Rob U must know something I don't, lol....

Talked to my sales dude and he claims it went online last week and expects the dealer to
pick it up sometime this week, so the 28th sounds pretty good to me.

The problem with most of us Americans is, we have patience as long as a Mosquito's weiner, lol. Or as some say the the today Generation, if it an't here today I don't want it.
The internet taught me, today is not a actual necessity, I shop the net all the time and have to wait several days to recieve said purchase.

But, on the flip side I ordered this unit back in September and I haven't learned to be patient that long, lmoa.

TKeller Order your unit, visit and look at the units decide the options impotant to you and get the RV your way, like Burger King, and insteads of wondering how long it sat at the dealer or folks messing with it as it sat at the dealer, you get a brandy new 5th Wheel and then we can set up a Pool like Rob says and see who guess's the right date:D.

Moe n NH.

robnmo

Rob U must know something I don't, lol....

Talked to my sales dude and he claims it went online last week and expects the dealer to
pick it up sometime this week, so the 28th sounds pretty good to me.

The problem with most of us Americans is, we have patience as long as a Mosquito's weiner, lol. Or as some say the the today Generation, if it an't here today I don't want it.
The internet taught me, today is not a actual necessity, I shop the net all the time and have to wait several days to recieve said purchase.

But, on the flip side I ordered this unit back in September and I haven't learned to be patient that long, lmoa.

TKeller Order your unit, visit and look at the units decide the options impotant to you and get the RV your way, like Burger King, and insteads of wondering how long it sat at the dealer or folks messing with it as it sat at the dealer, you get a brandy new 5th Wheel and then we can set up a Pool like Rob says and see who guess's the right date:D.

Moe n NH.

YOU CALLED AND ASKED? CHEATER CHEATER :D:D:D

Well...........if it went online as in "on the assembly line" last week, since we've been to the factory and saw the build process from start to finish.
I bet I know about where your Cyclone is. :D

Next summer, we'll do that boil, and clams, lots and lots of clams!

trackeer

Yea its true I did cheat:angel:,

But I had to call, I couldn't stand the suspence!!!!!

Good ole fashioned Lobster Bake, mmmmm mmmmm mmmm, next summer, ur on.
Maybe I'll start a local chapter in this area as there appears not to be one, and we can get
a whole bunch of Cyclone owners involved:cool::cool::cool:.

**** fancy hitch is big bucks, 2350 installed, but nice to have nodda in the bed when it is removed, saves me money if I have sheetrock or materials in the bed. RV Wholesalers is doing it hepfully next Friday when I drive west to Pick Up my New Cyclone. May poke around as I have never been out that way, I know Canton Football HOF is out there as is the BIG air show(already done).