Just Purchased 2011 NT 21 FBS

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully everyone is enjoying this fantastic weather......Yesterday we traded in our 2005 Kodiak 195 Hybrid and purchased a 2011 NT 21 FBS. Tired of pulling out bunk ends. Does everyone still love the NT. Any advice with our new purchase. On our 2005 we purchased extended warranty and never used it once. I would still like to purchase one my husband says no any advice. Also my husband thinks we will get sheets since it comes with a bedspread I say no. Would love to hear you all of you....We pick ours up in a week...

jimtoo

Hi owensfamily,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

When you go for pickup and do your PDI make sure everything works and you can work everything. The extended warranty is a great money maker for the dealer, you need to ask when it starts... after the factory warranty or as soon as you sign papers. Also what it covers... most do not cover everything,,, very limited.

And,,, No,,,, you will not get any sheets.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

Here are some questions, does anyone know how far the tires are apart from one another we have a deluxe tire locking chock and it will separate 10 inches will it work on our new camper. Also for some strange reason my husband thinks sheets come with this camper because a bedspread does, I say no who is correct. Last but not least the dinette makes into a bed how many adults can sleep on it comfortably

smildrum

We have a 21 fbs also. We have had it for 2 years and love it. We also went from a hybrid to this camper.
Just my opinion... you will get sheets. :)
One of the benefits of the camper is to have the bed made... sheets, a lightweight blanket and a comforter (we have the one that came with the camper in storage and use one we purchased for the hybrid). It saves so much time when setting up. No tent ends and no setting up/ making the beds.

Enjoy your new camper!!!!

jimtoo

Thanks Jim for the info now not to sound too stupid what is PDI

PDI=Pre Delivery Inspection. Your dealer should show you every item and how it works when you go to pick it up and get anything repaired for you that you find wrong.

I do not know about your tire chock.

You win,,,,, NO SHEETS,,, unless you have a fantastic dealer that buys some for you. :D

I do not know about the dinette/bed.

Jim M

I am moving the thread to the North Trail area also.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new rig! We wish you many happy camping hours and adventures!

Safe Travels!

Hunter

Newby
Please see the attached pictures. If the wheel chocks are similar to the attached picture, you can modify it as we did with wood. To see the full size picture and our other modifications go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/JeanninesPics?vhost=community

We also went from a Kodiak 195 to the 21fbs. One thing you will miss is the counter space. The Kodiak 195 was wonderful in that aspect, you will NOT miss ripping the bed apart everytime you moved. : )

We have done a number of modifications including an extended counter top - works great.

We have had our 21fbs since October 2008. Watch the tires for cracking, we had to change ours before we even took it out for our first camping trip the following May. We got money for the cracked tires as they were under warranty, but, we went to Radial, so we had to put in a fair bit of money as the spare was not cracked, but, you can't use a bias spare with radial tires.

We just came back from a 6200 mile plus trip and enjoyed ever minute .. except for construction : ) - of the trip.

You will love your 21fbs.

2036313820104578315hmNjWh_fs.jpg

Hunter thank you for your info, we viewed all your pic's we did a lot of modifications to our Kodiak. I will keep your ideas in mind. What is your tow vehicle if you dont mind me asking we have a 2004 Silverado v8. How does it tow some people have told me it will tow better that the Kodiak which I find that hard to believe.

bozo

owensfamily We have the 2011 21FBS also and love it. We Tow with a 2004 GMC Z71 4X4 5.3 V/8 and it does fine. This TT is light and pulls great on the road. You will need sheets and the bed will sleep 2 ok. You will need a PHD to configure the cushions if you try it without directions but look at the thread for this here it will help.
HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozo

Ride1st

I am 6'3" and can stretch out in the dinette no problem. I think sleeping two adults on the dinette would get crowded unless they are on the smaller side. We tow ours with a 2003 Silverado with a 5.3 and it does fine. I will never convince my wife we need a new, bigger, more powerful truck though, if she reads this thread.

Thank you for your response. I am so excited. One last fear that I have my husband says length doesn't matter when backing in. We went from at 21 ft hybrid to a 26.6 from tongue to bumper will there be difficulty backing in. He is great with the one we have now.

Also thank you for the truck response. Unfortunately the truck is what I drive and I wanted a bigger one also. Is there any other info anyone can give us. I would greatly appreciate it. I never thought I would be that excited over the new trailer but it is nice.

Ride1st you are the same size as my husband how do you fit in the shower that was the first thing he checked out was it a usable shower.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a 2008 21FBS. Loved it! Only upgraded because it was inevitable... it was love at first sight with the Elk Ridge, and they made us a great deal at the RV show. As far as the dinette, the newer models are a little different than what we had. But I do know that a twin fitted sheet would not fit, the collective cushion area is too long. I would say the 21FBS is an easy tow. We towed with a 2008 Tundra, and it was like it wasn't even there. We didn't get sheets, btw. And we didn't use the comforter that came with the trailer, so when we traded it we just put it back on.

BorgX

Hi OwensFamily!!

Looks like you live in Missouri... where are you buying yours from? We bought ours from Byerly RV here in the St. Louis area. We just took delivery of ours week before last. So far we love it. We are complete newbies and have had no issues at all. I tow mine with a 2007 TRailblazer with NO issues at all... it's an SS with the 6.0L V8, but I was worried about the smaller chasis on it... not an issue. Enjoy!!

The day finally came and we picked up our new camper on Saturday and only a few issues all were corrected except for one we will have to go back. What was weird when we came in with our trade in they came out and look at it and already had 3 appointments for it. Today my husband already did one modification on it. Does everyone still love there camper.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Owensfamily, we don't have a North Trail, but yes we still love our Heartland product. In fact this is the second one we that we have loved.
Oh, and our dealer sold our trade in the day we brought it in.

Peace
Dave

I love this forum. I have a few questions. Now this is our fourth camper first used pop up decided didnt like pop ups. No offense. Second used hybrid loved it but wanted new Third new hybrid kept for 5 years and wanted total self contained. Now my question how long do campers normally last and why dont you see many old ones?

Admin note: Copied Extended Warranty portion of post to Extended Warranty forum

Last edited by a moderator: