Another satellite mystery

vangoes

Last week we was camping in an area that is in our local channel spot beam area for our Directtv. After setting up the dish we had 80+ signal strength on both satellites so everything looked good. We have never set up our dish in an area that we should be getting our home local channels so we thought this would be great as our cable was fuzzy. Wrong..............for some reason our local channels was bringing in programming that was also being shown on the upper channels, such as TBS, TNT, USA etc. Normally when we are out of our spot beam area our local channel are blocked and all we get is the Directtv banner. I never did figure this out, so if there is anyone out there that solve this mystery for me I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Describe your dish - is it a single LNB or a 3 LNB? If you have a 3 LNB, you should have gotten 3 satellites, 101, 110 & 119.
Also where is your local channels out of - Knoxville, Chattanooga or Nashville?
And finally - where were you camping?
N--

vangoes

Hello Nabo...hope you guys had a good trip home. We left NC and went to Myrtle Beach for 6 days then back to Pigeon Forge for a couple of days. Our dish is the portable single LNB winegard foldup that Camping world sells. We had signal strength from 101 and 119 (if I remember correctly, which is what we get wherever) and we should have been getting the Knoxville feed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes we had a good trip home then to work - blah. Gosh it's been a long time since I have had a single LNB so I'm not sure which satellite/s it would pull. Our installer at the house told me to set up on satellite 119-25 which should get you to all the sats pretty good with a 3 LNB but i'm not sure if 119 is one that can be pulled with a single unit. If you can, then it's the only sat you can pull at a time. Hum - not much help am I.