Heartland Edge vs the R-Pod and Rockwood mini lites

lsirbuly

Hi all....I have been looking for a TT for yrs...the past 6 mos more seriously. Thought I would get a26-27 foot one with bunks, but am overwhelmed with all the work I might have to do. My hubby would prefer to hotel it!!

So....was thinking I needed to get a smaller unit and just take a tent for the grandkids. Being smaller and cozier might just work for my first TT. I would be more confident if hubby wouldn't go and I needed to attend to the driving and hooking up.

Our friends have the Casita, but I am not driving to Texas to get one. So, on my list to check out are the Edge M-21 and M-22, the R-Pod, Rockwood Mini lites and the Flagstaff Microlite 18 FBRS. Some are very hard to find here in So. Calif.

When you were looking for one, why did you choose the Edge?
Thanks for any help.

jimtoo

Hi isirbuly,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some replies here shortly from other Edge owners. Seems as thou everyone is happy with the Edge unit.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

RonBB

When I decided to get a TT I was pretty set on the R-Pod as I wanted a small light weight trailer. Then I saw the Edge M18 with FBP at the state fair. I ended up getting the Edge after seeing all the storage room. I think I would have been too crowded in the R-Pod after camping in the Edge. The Edge line is more expensive. Right now the jury is out on what the future will hold for Heartland Edge owners after the sale of Heartland. I haven't had any regrets with the Edge. There were some minor adjustments the dealer had to make while under warranty. Best of luck with whatever you get. Ron:rolleyes:

Covfam

My wife & i love the small form factor we had a 22' mini class c and then a 21' class b, we recently bought and moved out to the farm and needed a 4x4 & tow vehicle to pull my small tractor & deisel generator for the farm but we still wanted the quality and small form factor that we had in a trailer.

First thing i learnedwas that most of the trailer brands and trailers are junk and not made anywhere as well as a good class B, but there a few out there that are well made and have good floorplans. one thing we learned in our multi state quest for our trailer about the rockwood products, roo/shamrock as well as other various Forest river product is they are flimsy and not well made, ive never seen so many show room models with kitchen pipes or whires hanging out, flooring pulled up on the corners, doors that dont open or bent/broken handles etc. so we looked at many small trailers from thor industries (keystone/dutchman/air stream) for the same basic floorplans they were a bit better they still dodnt look premium quality & build but they were MUCH better constructed than the forest river products.

but ive found that in all our travels the only brands that make a very high quality product travel trailer are Evergreen , sunnybrook & Heartland. and if you are looking for an extra small trailer like the RPOD you will find the MPG a much better trailer than the Rpod, both with enclosed basement & storage and build quality.

Dont get me wrong im not bashing the other trailer companies but, there is a reason why those brands pump out a lot more of those cheaper trailers....because they are worried about numbers of units sold... not customer support & customer retention. Go read the forest river forums you will find that the company pretty much abuses its customer base in general and here they really do try to help you.

also my wife and i were looking at the edge and really liked it but when i was here i was suggested to look at the focus since it has the same floorplans we liked just not the eurostyling of the edge and it has bigger wastewater tanks, bigger ac unit & bigger awnings and bigger furnace and heated basement for a lower price than the eruo style Edge my wife went and looked at the Focus and its quite nice we saw walked through and crawled on the floor looking under cabinets of 5 different models of the heartland focus and were impressed and we will choose the focus version over the edge despite the edge looking cooler :)