Fireplace model?

sunflower

We just traded our North Trail 30RLSS for a Trail Runner DT 40FKDS to be put on a seasonal site at the lake beside the golf course.It does not have a fireplace but has the opening for one covered by 2 doors.I would like to know the model and make of the unit installed by the factory so I can get the dealer to order.I will install myself and do the electrical and cabinet work.Can some one at Heartland post or send the information please.The dealers service is great but I would sooner do my own work at site because the unit will be 3 hours away.Thanks.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Don't know the particular model used at the factory but I bought mine at Lowe's (had to order it). They had two different models, large and small, that had moulding built onto them. For my Elk Ridge the smaller one fit perfectly, no cutting or trimming. I believe the model no. was 29615. This is a Dimplex unit

jpajax

Sam's Club had them last week. You might find the measurements and fit it in the opening.

Bernie55

I just ordered a Dimplex DFP6854b it' a 46" console with a 26" fireplace. I will remove the fireplace, and install it in my Sundance when we go to Fla. in the winter...If you just want the fireplace, the Dimplex DF2608, $ 599.00, should work..The molding on my 5er, under the tv can be unscrewed & the FP should slide in..The floor has to be raised a bit....I haven't received mine yet, but it dosen't look like to much of a job......Next year hope to get a HDTV so i won't have to my a console...Good Luck

sunflower

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions as the factory must be too busy to answer. It would just be nice to get their advice as I have more questions also, well all in good time.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
sunflower, is there a chance you could call your dealer and ask them to get the information you need from another rig on their lot? There are times the factory may not respond if one of our members has already given you the info you need. Don't let this instance steer you away from asking other questions. we're all here to help. I know there are loads of training courses going on in Elkhart this week. Our local dealers and their service managers are there.

jbeletti

Sunflower,

Please call Heartland at 574-262-5992 and ask to speak to Brian Linn. If you get his voicemail, please leave him your name and number for a return call. RV Show season has begun and the entire team is on the road a lot.

Thanks,

Jim

sunflower

Jim there is always a reason for things,makes good sense to me I will wait a week or 2 for things to settle down and phone Brian Lynn.Thanks again everyone.The fellow who really knows the product at our dealership is on an extended holiday from sales up here in the cold cold north so the lack of detailed information.
Doug

RollingHome

Sunflower, Here's my 2 cents. The Dimplex unit HL installs is the most realistic "fake" fireplace I've seen, some folks actually thought it was real. However, I'm an old fart and I have trouble getting down on the floor to operate the Dimplex. I would love to have a wireless remote which would stop me from whining every time I want to fire up the unit. If you are chronologically challenged like I am, look for a unit that has a remote. If you're soft, flexible and agile and "built for sports" like I once was... go with the Dimplex from Canada, they look real. JMO

sunflower

LOL. rolling home--Yes my old body is not as agile as I would like,a remote sounds good,maybe Dimplex makes an optional remote control.Just to make everyone feel better outside my window is a snow storm.My extended stay trailer is resting at the dealers untill spring.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I believe the mod number I posted for the fireplace is specific to Lowe's. When I was researching I also didn't find it on Dimplex's site, only in a brochure at the local store. I was told there that not all Lowe's will order them either.