Heartland Owners "Cruise"?

dieselsweetheart

A couple of us chapter leaders have been talking about putting a cruise together for the off-season months when we are not camping and really would like to see each other and have some fun. We thought about going on a cruise together. Doesn't have to be a week-long cruise...maybe a long w/e cruise....just boarding the ship and enjoying together all that a cruise ship has to offer. After all, do we always have to get our rigs together to have fun?

We've been talking about this for quite awhile and I'm going to take a stab on starting a thread to see if there is any interest. I'm sure many of you have been on cruises before. Care to make a future one a "Heartland Cruise"?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Heartland Rally "Cruise"?

I would love to do a cruise! John will go too but he want's to know if you'll hold his bucket? :eek: Nope, just slap on a patch and he'll be fine!

loafer

Kruising is fun Keep us posted maybe we can make it.
Bill

dieselsweetheart

Hi Bill! Good to see your post! Will for sure keep you guys posted!! We are thinking 2012 since most of us have 2011 booked solid already!!!!

porthole

Retired

Maybe?

Geez - just a little extra fluff here because my "maybe" answer didn't have enough characters to be a valid response

dieselsweetheart

I know, isn't it funny that you can't just say "yes"... this reminds me of my online schooling...we weren't allowed to just say "I agree"....haha

Cruising is fun! I hope we can get a nice group of people together to make it work! Nona introduced me to the Royal Caribbean lady and I'm sure as a group we can get a good price...

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it

Well if you accept "crips" like me, Debbi and I are ready to do or go anywhere. This recovery is taking forever, so let us know when you want to go on this cruise. Some of the good ones have free booze, and lots of good food, and for those who don't get sea sick, it will be a blast. Maybe you can get Jim B. to sponsor it like he does the rallies, hopefully for more than $20 a rig. LOL. Maybe he can get Coley and some Heartland senior management to come along and give a Heartland rah rah talk, so they can all write it off.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Renee and I are interested.Keep us posted.I think it would be fun.

dieselsweetheart

Not sure.....probably someone along the east coast. If we are looking at a cruise shorter than a week (depending on what people want)...I think most of the places that are quicker to get to are southeast...Bahamas, etc... Again, like the national rally, some folks wouldn't go because of the distance and we understand that. Eastern ports include NY, NJ, Baltimore, Port Canaveral, Lauderdale? (not sure) and Miami...

We are just in the discussion phase so more ideas are welcomed!!!

Jim & Harriet

just found the thread. we have been on two cruises, very fun!
you did not mention Philadelphia but I believe that is a cruise port also.
nice for February... :)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Hey Cheryl, RC cruises 5 days out of Baltimore from June Through November to Bahamas!

jbeletti

Larry, great idea!!! I'm sure Jim B would like to join us as long as he doesn't get seasick!!!

Jim B loves to cruise! I see this is a 2012 cruise discussion. That's good. I'll edit the thread title to include 2012.

I may be interested in joining if timing and ports work out. Since there are cruise ports all along the US coast from the Pacific NW all the way up the East Coast, my guess is that any cruise will be more feasible to those who live nearer to the port of departure. But one must start this Heartland cruising somewhere :)

In terms of this being a sanctioned Heartland Owners Club event, I am not optimistic. Yet, informally, it would be like a rally at sea :)

That all said, I'd sure love to be able to join such an event. Pretty sure I could budget for some sort of a Heartland event during the cruise.

I'll try to keep tabs on this thread to see how it progresses.

Cruise on!

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Keep in mind New Orleans and Houston are also ports of departure for cruises. They both offer several 3 day and 7 day cruises. We went on a 7 day Carnival cruise out of Houston that was great. Most of them go to Cancun, Cozimel, Grand Cayman, Key West, and/or Belize. Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruise have home ports in Houston.

dieselsweetheart

Oh yes and Philly too as Harriet mentioned. Yea Jim G that is what I meant about some folks thinking some ports are too far for them. You mentioned TX and NO, but the eastern folks will have to fly into there, as the western folks (such as you) would have to fly into Baltimore or Philly....for example. I would love to have Southwest Airlines access to a port of departure...their fares are cheap! They fly both into BWI and the Philly airport...also Albany but I think that might be too far for a departure port.

We have caught Jim B's eye and approval so I'm sure we can make this work! Keep the conversation going so we attract other owners to the thread! If we are going off-season of course we need to go somewhere warm!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Cheryl, you should also be aware the Cruise group organizer can get their cruise for free if the group is large enough, depending on the cruise and cruise line. Also upgrades for rooms are available as well.

dieselsweetheart

Wow Jim, I didn't know that! I'm smiling now!!!! Course that means that Debbie and I would have to share a room and John and Jim would have to get their own because Deb and I have been pretty much the ones chatting about this and we'd like to have that free room!!!! Deb I hope you don't snore!!!