No Gas will Pass

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We recently purchased a 2011 3670RL and enjoy it tremendously. I am having a problem with Frig. not coming on when it automatically switchs to gas after disconnecting shore power. After troubleshooting this, I found that the flexible gas line that is routed through the articulating slideout bundle of wires and such was bending so acutely on the outer connection end that it was cutting off the gas flow through the line. At present, I am crawling under the rig when we get ready to travel to move the line enough to allow gas to pass. Any suggestions on correcting this. Looks to me like there is too much flexible line on that end.

wdk450

I would suggest you use your warranty (especially on a potential fire danger like the propane system) and get this fixed professionally. You don't have to use your dealer. Call Heartland service for pre-authorization.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If there is room you can cut out the bad section and reconnect it with a compression coupling. A local hardware store should carry one. (1/4" or 3/8"). Normally the gas will still pass through a sharp kink.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with wdk450 from a safety perspective. If you have the capability, try rerouting the line to prevent the kink. I'm guessing that would be the route the dealer would take.

ofcamper

We had the exact same problem with the frig running on gas during travel. Discovered that the gas line was crimped by the slide when in, took it back to dealer and they put a longer gas line in so it doesn't crimp when the slide is pulled in. They also turned the hard piping 90 degrees. I'd suggest taking to your dealer, this should be taken care of under your warranty.

K

karykatz

Hognac,

I would recommend getting with your dealer and make sure the line isnt kinking when the slide room is in. I hope this helps.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Thanks Kary,
The line kinks everytime the slide is moved in. I have been adjusting it after closing the slide so gas can flow to the frig. Dealer is 65 miles away; Is there something I can do to correct this condition?

K

karykatz

Hognac,

Can you cut the wire tie that is connecting the line to the flexible track and give yourself some more slack? If so, after you have a little more slack reconnect with Wire tie. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: