Forum question regarding spell check

porthole

Retired
Using a new laptop, stuck with Win 7 and not really liking it. Along with the newest version of IE.

Anyway, when using the "ispell" plug in the mis-spelled words are not highlight. Every other PC I use the forum with the misspelled words are highlighted in blue for easy reference. After all, every word "misspelled" may not be.

So am I missing something? Or is this a "feature" with the new version of Windows.

Use XP for everything else, even my Droid will highlight the words.

Now - I'm not saying I have a lot of missteaks - just checking for others ;)

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dwayn,

Yu oviously ned two bi a neew lapptop wid Macrosift XP on et.

(Spelckeked by Macrosift spel Wizurd)

2010augusta

Ditch IE and install Chrome. It will underline errors.

IE8 crashes a "few" times a day for me as I use a program that only works with IE and MFF, so I have one window open with it, but use Chrome for everything else.

Moose

Ef I onlee wud has past fiffed graid nun of dees red liners wud be shewin on my macbook neider. ROFL

Northern Virginia
I would ditch the Windows browser all together and go with Firefox. But even their speel check misses a few:)

porthole

Retired
IE 9 has much better graphics and you can install the free spell checker that works very well.

I have not had any success with either version of explore using the tool bar spell checker. When I click on that the message box (the one I am typing in now) goes blank. The problem I have is with IE 9 (I think) using the forums add on spell checker.

BTW, how do you even tell what version if IE you are using with Win 7 and IE 7? II really dislike the way all the new software has changed, I am too used to the old Word and all the other standard tool bars.

I'm using IE8 and Win XP right now with now problems. It is the new laptop that is the issue

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have not had any success with either version of explore using the tool bar spell checker. When I click on that the message box (the one I am typing in now) goes blank. The problem I have is with IE 9 (I think) using the forums add on spell checker.

BTW, how do you even tell what version if IE you are using with Win 7 and IE 7? II really dislike the way all the new software has changed, I am too used to the old Word and all the other standard tool bars.

I'm using IE8 and Win XP right now with now problems. It is the new laptop that is the issue

Download Mozilla Firefox web browser. It is free and works much better than IE. The spell checker works fine with it too.

Moose

Is it possible that some of the security settings in IE or Win 7 have to me modified for this to work?