A Tool For Those Coax F Connectors

wdk450

Gang:
When we go out with the trailer we bring the Dish Network box from the house along with the small bedroom flat panel TV. That, with hooking up the satellite dish at the campground, give me a few of those pesky coax F(fill in your own following letters) connectors to screw in. Well, there is a tool for this, a nutdriver-like tool with a long slotted sleeve that the cable goes through.
Here is where I found one on E-Bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Cable-TV-F-Conn...lectrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item588a6f2f5e

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
One of the Rally vendors in Nashville was selling a right angle version of the quick disconnect. I should have bought a few of them at the time. I just purchased 6 of the straight ones on-line. That tool is the first post is pretty cool. I'll have to check other sources to see if it's available. Maybe Radio shack?

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Radio Shack has both the straight and 90 degree quick connect fittings, they are $3-$4 each.

wdk450

Gang:
I have used the quick connects before, but have encountered intermittent connections, which can be maddening.
Thanks for the input, though!

porthole

Retired
The tool in the first post is available at Home depot and Lowe's.
I seem to recall though that it doesn't work on some of the compression style connectors.