new carpet clearance

Tankie

I am interested in replacing the carpet in our 3670RL.We are interested in installing heavier carpet, I am concerned about the clearance that the slides need so it won't ruin new carpet. Can anyone help with this info? Thanks Lonnie

RoadJunkie

I, for one, am confused as to what you're question is referencing. When you indicated you wanted to install a "heavier" carpet, do you want to install a carpet that is more dense with the same height, or are you looking at adding height through thicker padding and/or higher (thicker) carpet? I would probably go with the more dense carpet--plush carpet--rather than adding more height. Then, I wouldn't feel concerned about the slide's impact on the carpet. It sounds like a great modification!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just remember when you are upgrading your carpet it can weigh more adding to the overall weight of the coach.

Tankie

sorry, for the cofusion. Heavier meaning more dense and plush. The pad would remain the same. The problem is that the more dense and plush carpet is thicker or taller than the carpet that is installed in our BH. Thats why I need to know what clearance or how thick of carpet I can install. Thanks Lonnie