2011 Camping Plans

floridarandy

All -

Until we have a Florida rally scheduled next year after the Supershow what do you think of the idea of posting individual travel plans we're making in the hopes that one or more of us can meet up camping or for coffee with those that might be in the area?

At this point our plans include:

Fort Wilderness (Disney) - January 28- 30
Fort Desoto - March 4-7
Hillsborough River State Park - March 30 - April 3
Fort Desoto - May 5 -8
Anastasia State Park - June 5-9
Oleno State Park - June 9 - 13
Sun n Fun - Month of July Weeknds (Park & Leave)
Unicoi State Park (Georgia) - October 21-30

We'll be planning more and will post here.

Hope to see some of you on your trips to our area or if we can hook up elsewhere in the state.

Last edited:

Hogladyrider

Great idea Randy!

Lucky you getting into Fort DeSoto, we tried and they are completely booked in the pet area thru spring 2011! We rode our Goldwing over for a great day trip a few weeks ago to check out the area, simply gorgeous! We wanted to hit the dog beach while we were camping at Fort DeSoto, but as the ranger told us the non Florida "heat" days book up fast and it is too bloody hot and buggy in the summer months!

We both have 5 more days of vaction to use up and are looking for some nice pet friendly campgrounds in and around central Florida us book. Once me make a decision I will post those dates and location here.

Susan

PS - I would love to see a thread of other Florida RV owners and learn how they "take care" of their RV, ie summer heat/humidity, cleaning, anything special for winter months to keep the critter out? We keep our Big Horn in our backyard and spent one entire weekend washing and waxing, yikes I was sore for days!

floridarandy

Great idea Randy!

Lucky you getting into Fort DeSoto, we tried and they are completely booked in the pet area thru spring 2011! We rode our Goldwing over for a great day trip a few weeks ago to check out the area, simply gorgeous! We wanted to hit the dog beach while we were camping at Fort DeSoto, but as the ranger told us the non Florida "heat" days book up fast and it is too bloody hot and buggy in the summer months!

We both have 5 more days of vaction to use up and are looking for some nice pet friendly campgrounds in and around central Florida us book. Once me make a decision I will post those dates and location here.

Susan

PS - I would love to see a thread of other Florida RV owners and learn how they "take care" of their RV, ie summer heat/humidity, cleaning, anything special for winter months to keep the critter out? We keep our Big Horn in our backyard and spent one entire weekend washing and waxing, yikes I was sore for days!

Susan - thanks for your post here and also a big thanks for the lead on Rock Crusher...we've added this to our "to do" list for 2011!

GETnBYE

May I ask about the popular Fort Deposit?
I did a google search and there are several, what state are you talking about. The only one I know is in Alabama.
Nita

floridarandy

All -

Until we have a Florida rally scheduled next year after the Supershow what do you think of the idea of posting individual travel plans we're making in the hopes that one or more of us can meet up camping or for coffee with those that might be in the area?

At this point our plans include:

Fort Wilderness (Disney) - January 28- 30
Fort Desoto - March 4-7
Hillsborough River State Park - March 30 - April 3
Fort Desoto - May 5 -8
Three Rivers St Park - June 1-5
Blackwater River St Park - June 5-9
Oleno State Park - June 9 - 12

We'll be planning more and will post here.

Hope to see some of you on your trips to our area or if we can hook up elsewhere in the state.

Updated added dates.