Grill Guard for your Grill..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I saw a thread some time ago about the Grill Guard. I got tired of not being able to use my grill because of windy days. I kept a shortcut of the Grill Guard web site and did some reading.

I went to Lowes and checked out what material I would need to make a guard. An aluminum piece that would fit the bottom and back cost about $50 and one to fit the sides was about $25 then the cost for hinges and a lock to keep the sides attached. Then I needed to find a way to cut the aluminum to size. So I just went and bought a grill guard. A grill guard for my baby weber cost about $95 and it works great.

Here are some photos.

IMG_0164 [1024x768].JPG IMG_0165 [1024x768].JPG IMG_0166 [1024x768].JPG

BC

boatdoc

Hey, that looks just like our grill set-up. I did the same thing last year in Qzite. There he was making and selling them and I thought, heck I'll just make one, boy was he right, it wasn't worth my time after I priced the material. We were back the next day and all he did was smile and say I told you so. As always, the wife was right also, she wanted to buy it the first day. They sure work good!!!

Tom of Ypsi

We have had our grill guard for 1 1/2 years and love it. Works great even down here in the Tx RGV where the winds are blowing more than not. Calling for 30+ MPH winds this weekend. Price sure did go up since we bought ours but it is Made in the USA

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobcat, any problems getting your LP hose to the grill?
Looks like something I gotta have.

Peace
Dave

Tom of Ypsi

Cookie,

Looks like Bob is still out leap peeping so I will answer. The hose will fit between the side and the back. I carry a 20# lp tank with me with a 3 or 4 foot hose.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bobcat, any problems getting your LP hose to the grill?
Looks like something I gotta have. Dave

What Tom said... If you look at the third photo you can see the hose is running from the propane tank to the right rear of the grill guard. You have to connect the hose to the grill then swing the right side in place. Not any problem.

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't say I've ever had the need for one, and I've used my Baby Q in the dead of winter on the driveway in front of an open garage. Since I keep mine on the cart made for it, the Grill Guard would not work for me. BBQ'ing in 30+ mph winds...time to head for a restaurant.

Wharton

We just use bacon splash guards, Ithink we bought 3(maybe 2) and screwed them together. Didn't know there was anything else.