Auto Level Question

tvermette

I just got my 2011 Augusta, and had a leak in the right front actuator on the stabilizer arm. After my dealer had to go to Lippert 3 different times because they sent the wrong arm, they just installed the new one today. (As an FYI to everyone, the Augusta legs are backwards...the right leg actually requires the "left" leg from the factory. They are mounted backwards due to frame design) While leveling, we got an error stating that the arm was fully extended, but the arm is not all the way out because I could walk under the bedroom area prior to this change, but now it is about 6" lower since this change, and the camper is not level.

What is the maximum amount of length the front legs should extend to? Is there a bleeder valve anywhere on the system that should be bled out? After they installed the leg, we ran the slides in and out a couple of time to check the fluid levels.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm a little confused. You stated "had a leak in the right front actuator on the stabilizer arm". The front jacks are not usually referred to as stabilizers - that term is normally used with the rear electric stabilizers. So I'm assuming you mean the right front hydraulic jack. Have you tried extending the front jacks all the way manually to see how far they will travel? I would manually extend all the hydraulic jacks (front and rear), then put the slides all the way out to verify that there is the proper amount of fluid in the system.

tvermette

Sorry to confuse you, you are correct...it is the hydraulic jack. We have extended all the slides and there is plenty of fluid. I hear an occassional popping sound and today the jacks have extended a little further. I bet there is air in the system and that is working itself out after the replaced the leg. I'll keep you all posted. Just a matter of working out the kinks in a cool camper! :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry to confuse you, you are correct...it is the hydraulic jack. We have extended all the slides and there is plenty of fluid. I hear an occassional popping sound and today the jacks have extended a little further. I bet there is air in the system and that is working itself out after the replaced the leg. I'll keep you all posted. Just a matter of working out the kinks in a cool camper! :)

I was told by Lippert to keep air out of the system to hold the slide button down for about 15 seconds after the slides have reached their maximum extension/retraction. There is no bleeder on the system as it is a sealed system. You can call Lippert customer service for their advise on your situation.

K

karykatz

tvermette,

We spoke with Lippert and they believe there is air in the line. Keep working the system to get the air out. If this isnt the solution, please contact Lippert.

I hope this helps.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When I had my Level Up installed, Ron the installer, said he had to cycle the system 15 times before he got all the air out.

Peace
Dave