Leak in the bedroom of Augusta

tvermette

Just got my 2011 Augusta, and had a big rain storm last night. The floor on the right side of the bed was soaked when we got up. Dealer came out and said it looked like a calking issue allowing water to run into unit. What else could I check to be proactive? Last thing I need on a brand new unit is a water problem.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check the rubber gaskets on the outside of the slide to make sure they are facing outward. If they are facing in water will leak in. They should go to the outward facing automatically when you open the slide.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Also make sure that the top seal overlaps the side seal. Make sure the top seal is protruding outward on the slide out roof too. One more thing, make sure the slide out is fully extended.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I also get a leak in my 3055, by the right side of the bed by the closet when it rains, with the bedroom slide in! anyone have any ideas . It is parked a little downhill in the front.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I also get a leak in my 3055, by the right side of the bed by the closet when it rains, with the bedroom slide in! anyone have any ideas . It is parked a little downhill in the front.

It is possible the slide is not closing completely and may need to be adjusted. Also in the bottom corners of the slide there are some small 'dams' to prevent water intrusion.

K

karykatz

tvermette,

I agree with the members. I would check the caulking first and then make sure the slide room does'nt need adjusting.